The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ACEBEAM X70 @ 40,000 Lumens: Coming in June and new price.

Default 40,000 Freaking Lumens! ACEBEAM X70 Just got a price tag.

ACEBEAM must be getting close to shipping the X70. They just released price at $750! Crazy! Its 8000 lumens brighter than the Imalent dx80.
    Last edited by nbp; 05-29-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Removing links.

Default Re: 40,000 Freaking Lumens! ACEBEAM X70 Just got a price tag.

With lumens that high, an 8000 lumen jump will be barely noticeable.

Buy Vinh's Sirius light that he's working on (probably 7 lbs and well over 100k lumens. With 72 XHP35 LEDs.) Will probably put the acebeam to shame.

That said, $750 for a light is a bit out of my price range. The Acebeam sounds impressive for a production light though. I hope we see more lights with active cooling.

*Flashaholic*

8x18650 is serious stuff.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Does it come with an oven mitt?
    John 3:16

40k lumens with 13 emitters is a lot of light. More light than I expect to ever need in a nominally handheld package often enough to consider buying. Heck, my Emisar D4 at maximum output impresses everyone that sees it - can light up the side of my house like daylight from ~20 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Buy Vinh's Sirius light that he's working on (probably 7 lbs and well over 100k lumens. With 72 XHP35 LEDs.) Will probably put the acebeam to shame.
    Seventy-two emitters. EGAD.

There is surely someone that can make reasonable use of such a light. I'm just at a slight loss to see the use case. Illuminating an entire football field from the broadcast booth? Solid-state replacement for a helicopter spotlight? Pintle mount on the hunting lease truck? Area light working on buried water reservoirs?

That said, $750 for a light is a bit out of my price range. The Acebeam sounds impressive for a production light though. I hope we see more lights with active cooling.
    At 8x 18650 - more capacity than a typical laptop - this is entering the realm where active cooling makes a degree of sense. There's the power margin and physical volume to do something actually effective.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

Flashaholic

Guesses as to how quickly it steps down to 10,000 Lm? 30 sec. maybe?

I would love to have Vinh54 mod of this light. I will wait for it to be ready. Until then, two X65vn and X45vn are my mainstays.
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

A battery-operated space heater would be useful, with the interesting side effect of 40,000 lumens....

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Does it come with an oven mitt?
    I'm thinking more body armour.
    Actually I'd like a bomb squad suit with a welding mask.

Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    I'm thinking more body armour.
    Actually I'd like a bomb squad suit with a welding mask.
    Agreed!!! lol
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I would love to have Vinh54 mod of this light. I will wait for it to be ready. Until then, two X65vn and X45vn are my mainstays.
    Your post made me think...with ~ the same price as qty=2 x7vn, and same number of cells, and less lumens, and a less flexible UI...which is more useful? I can imagine use cases for each, but I can't imagine that there will be a huge number of sales at that price.

I too am looking forward to what vinh can do with that fan-coolded host!
    Last edited by Keitho; 04-29-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Correct my brain fart

Olight? Acebeam? Who are you talking about?

Whoa, I was getting all confused. Post edited

Flashaholic*

Impressive, but at $750, it's definitely a niche market. I'll buy eight BLF Q8's and wrap them together with a big elastic band.

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    40k lumens with 13 emitters is a lot of light. More light than I expect to ever need in a nominally handheld package often enough to consider buying. Heck, my Emisar D4 at maximum output impresses everyone that sees it - can light up the side of my house like daylight from ~20 yards away.

There is surely someone that can make reasonable use of such a light. I'm just at a slight loss to see the use case. Illuminating an entire football field from the broadcast booth? Solid-state replacement for a helicopter spotlight? Pintle mount on the hunting lease truck? Area light working on buried water reservoirs?

At 8x 18650 - more capacity than a typical laptop - this is entering the realm where active cooling makes a degree of sense. There's the power margin and physical volume to do something actually effective.
    They say that for our eyes to discern a twofold increase in brightness, the light must actually increase its output by many more times than just 2. That being the case, I'm estimating that this new Acebeam light's highest mode should appear to our eyes, to be roughly twice as bright as an Olight i3 on high... Granted, this estimation isn't an exact science.
    Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

Don't be bunch of little girls I've almost finished my new mod, the brightness Is equal to the flash from a nuke going off and so far run time of about 20 seconds In turbo mode(warning welding mask must be worn during use).
    JEEZ people enough Is enough....I think flashlight brightness has passed the point being practical, unless you're goal Is to signal the next solar system.

Some day we will have the same lumens on are keychain
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambob View Post
    Don't be bunch of little girls I've almost finished my new mod, the brightness Is equal to the flash from a nuke going off and so far run time of about 20 seconds In turbo mode(warning welding mask must be worn during use).
    JEEZ people enough Is enough....I think flashlight brightness has passed the point being practical, unless you're goal Is to signal the next solar system.
    I don't know...... Many people aren't going to be truly content until they are wearing a car radiator hanging from a backpack, with coolant hoses running in and out of the newest, brightest light that just came out the week before.... Lol
    Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

Acebeam's got a lot of quality control issues making $750 seem a lot more expensive. I've had issues with 4 of the last 6 lights I've gotten from them.

$750 for that light is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    $750 for that light is absolutely ridiculous.
    No its not, its groundbreaking light actually for that price! They beat Olight who ditched their X9 with fan it will be passive cooled only... i cant think of any other light that comes close to this? and it will have 3 fans and can sustain water, pretty impressive light for that price imo.

The only question is how long can u run the highest lumen on max, i bet its more then 5m...

Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    No its not...
    You are correct.

Its not ridiculous...it’s abso-freakin-lutely ridiculous!

Does it have a moonlight mode?
    Seems like a Surefire type of night..

Quote Originally Posted by lightknot View Post
    Does it have a moonlight mode?
    Of course! How else would reviewers get that mandatory photo of the LEDs glowing pointed directly at the camera?
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Flashaholic

Of course! How else would reviewers get that mandatory photo of the LEDs glowing pointed directly at the camera?
    Given the "astronomical" price, I would hope it has moonlight mode! What's with these prices? The Olight X9R is going for $599 and unless I'm reading something wrong the battery will only last for 3 minutes at 25K lumens - that's NOT drop down a level after 3 minutes! Now over $700 for this?!

These flashlights have gone well beyond the point of being practical anymore. They've become nothing but rich boy toys to impress your buddies with. No thanks.

Flashaholic*

It's listed for $649.90
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert56 View Post
    Given the "astronomical" price, I would hope it has moonlight mode! What's with these prices? The Olight X9R is going for $599 and unless I'm reading something wrong the battery will only last for 3 minutes at 25K lumens - that's NOT drop down a level after 3 minutes! Now over $700 for this?!

These flashlights have gone well beyond the point of being practical anymore. They've become nothing but rich boy toys to impress your buddies with. No thanks.

Flashaholic

Thumbs up Re: 40,000 Freaking Lumens! ACEBEAM X70 Just got a price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashKat View Post
    It's listed for $649.90
    I stand corrected. That changes everything. Put me down for 10 of 'em!

Default ACEBEAM X70 @ 40,000 Lumens: Coming in June and new price.

Hey folks,
    Just an update on the new world's brightest flashlight: A few retailers are now listing it for shipping in June. Oh and according to Imalents website they've dropped to price by $100.
    Last edited by nbp; 05-29-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast