I left my tk-61 in my suitcase and it burned itself out kinda...

GillBates

Newly Enlightened
It's been a long time since I have posted. Used to be a spotlight fanatic then life happened anyways, I Pulled it out of my suitcase after a 8 hour drive. And it kinda turns on like it wants to the same was a fluorescent ballast tries to fire a bulb. Batteries are still charged to 4.18V they are panasonic protected. But when I opened the battery cover I could smell a bit of burnt electronics inside (not overwhelming) but I'm guessing something burned up. I have more drivers for the tk-61 and maybe i'll bust out my solder equipment and take a look this weekend. But It's been almost 3 years since my last big flashlight purchase so maybe I might want to buy the newest best fenix if anybody has any ideas?

colight

Enlightened
But It's been almost 3 years since my last big flashlight purchase so maybe I might want to buy the newest best fenix if anybody has any ideas?

Hi GillBates. You appear to be a Fenix fan/fanatic like me, therefore I'll tell you my choice. I will have difficulty choosing between the RC40 and the new TK72R, or maybe even the TK75 2018. The first has been in my mind a long time, but budget restraints has thus far prevented me from buying it. In the meantime the TK72R and TK75 2018 also made an appearance, so I've started doubting my own previous choice, but I still think the RC40 is the best, even though not one of Fenix's latest models.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for your interest, skylumens.com have quite a few modded Fenix lights.
Vinh's work us second to none and squeezes every last ounce from his lights.
P

GillBates

Newly Enlightened
I fixed it just had to put in a new resistor. I went with lower ohms so I'm sure it's even brighter now
k7VflTT
k7VflTT

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a similar incident with a Roar of the Pelican in a rucksack. The smell of burning plastic alerted me to the fact it must have accidentally turned on. Nice hole left in the pack too.