Need a flashlight to use up my batteries! help!

KingSmono

Enlightened
I'm looking for a flashlight that I can use my partially depleted SF123A Batteries in... Right now, the only flashlight I have that uses them is an Arc4, and once the battery starts to drain, I lose the high end brightness settings. I like those, they are one of the key features of the Arc4...and the thing could go for DAYS in the dim modes!! I don't wanna wait that long to change my batteries!

So I want a flashlight that I can put my partially depleted batteries in, so that they don't go to waste. I'm thinking of a Brinkmann Legend LX, or maybe one of the Streamlight TT lights... I'd love to get an e2e, but I don't have that kinda $$$ at the moment... (on the VIP waiting list!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif )

I realize I'll be getting limited run-time, since they aren't fresh cells...any suggestions?? Thanks

-Allen

B@rt

Flashaholic
I would rule out incans, because they like the most "oomph" the batts are able to supply... A good choice IMHO would be a MadMax based light or something like the Inova X-5. Both options will allow you to suck your batts dry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Re: Need a flashlight to use up my batteries! hel

After a BB750 runtest, measured batt. Was 1.15volts, still worked fine in MM+ TWOK.

KingSmono

Enlightened

Another definite contender is the Pelican M6. I really like the idea of being able to "suck it dry"... Which one do you think would be Bright for Longer on a pair of partially depleted CR123A cells... the X5T or the M6? Thanks

-Allen

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

Inova X5t.

Blades

DashingMan

Newly Enlightened

Would a regulated light like the ARC LSH work out well? I ask because it would drain to a certain point, then go to moon mode or something...but is there still juice in the batteries left to power an x5?

KingSmono

Enlightened

I'd like a madmax, but in order to use my 123a's...I'd have to get some kind've PR head w/ an E body setup, right? That's a little too much money for me to be using my half dead cells in... There's a Blue LED Inova X5 for sale in the B/S/T...for like 25 shipped... Im thinking that this would be a good battery draining light!

Joseph

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
KingSmono said:
Another definite contender is the Pelican M6. I really like the idea of being able to "suck it dry"...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wanna know how well does M6 work in sucking up batts. any idea??

KingSmono

Enlightened

I have no idea, but since it's estimated runtime is hovering around 40 HOURS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif then I'd imagine it gets pretty dim during the last 20+ hours or so... That's not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that's gonna be pretty bright, and get the last drop of juice from my batteries! But, please keep in mind that this is purely speculation, considering I don't own the PM6 LED!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

So far from what I've read/learnt from CPF, the X5/X5t is one the better options out there. Probably worth doing a test till both batts die off in a X5, then put each individually into a Arc LS to see if there's anymore juice to be sucked out...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also suggest the X5T, especially one with <font color="red">Red LED's</font> since that light only takes 1 123 and you can really suck it dry.

BTW, my wife uses a Spyder and kept using it until it wouldn't even turn on. When I put those 123's in my Arc LS and my X5T, neither of them would even turn on. So, maybe the Spyder sucked every bit of juice possible out of those poor 123's.

KingSmono

Enlightened

Awesome, thanks for the info! I really wasn't aware that the RED X5T only used ONE 123a... is it the same size as the other X5T's? Thanks

-Allen

litho123

Enlightened

I use the SL TT-2L to use up my "incandescent-depleted" batteries. It makes a great reading light at night in bed and for guiding one to the kitchen for that midnight snack.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup. Same exact size. It puts out an amazing amount of red light. I like mine (along with my X5T HA, X5T w/white, X5T w/<font color="green">green</font>, X5T w/<font color="blue">blue</font> & X5T w/<font color="purple">UV</font> LED's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened

Weird...I was just looking at BrightGuy.com, and they said 2 123a batteries for the Red X5 too...typo I guess? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup...mine definately only takes one.
BrightGuy is great, but also check eBay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

no doubt that the inovas will do the best job at what you are wanting here.... I would recommend the x-5 for this also...

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened

Someone else pointed out on this forum that if you do the math on how much you pay for a new flashlight vs. the worth of a partially used battery, you would need to go through a lot of used batteries before you start to come out ahead by using up all of the energy in a battery. That doesn't mean it's not a good excuse for a flashalholic to buy a new flashlight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joseph

Enlightened

Lets suppose 2 batts are all sucked in Arc LSs and turned into moon mode, then you put those used batts into X5.

X5 glares?