RofisLight        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

  1. #31

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I ran out of Nichia 3200K LEDs. Dose anyone have a link to order more?
    https://store.yujiintl.com/products/...nt=39863172871

    Yuji has them at $117 for 1000 of them. But you get to choose 5600k or 3200k as well as 45 or 60 degree beam angle. An X5vn with 60 degree emitters would be sweet.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    If I remember correctly these LEDs are rated by Yuji at a max drive current of 20mah @ 2.7-3.1 volts. Yuji says 6.1-7.5 lumens for the 3200k.
    I was wrong. Yuji rates them at an absolute maximum of 30 mah @ the Vf of 2.7-3.1.

    The output ratings of 6.1-7.5 lumens is @ 20 mah.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    This is a very nice light. The beam on these yuji's is extremely nice with a very smooth transition from the hotspot with a subtle flood beam surrounding. I believe these are the 45 degree beam angle option, but it's actually surprisingly floody at close range while having a fairly reasonable range for a light with optics this tiny and a relatively floody beam. It's much more effective at range than a mule while being more user friendly than a reflector light when used at close range.

    I'm usually always looking for LEDs that really mimic incandescent light. But when I put this light next to my Surefire 6P and think about the time those classic lights come from, I'm actually craving another X5vn but with the 5600k Yuji's.

    I can't believe I just said that. No other LED has ever made me want to go with such a cool tint. Did I mention these Yuji's are really sweet? The 3200ks are a little yellowish, not in a bad way, kind of just part of being so warm tinted.

    Are the 5600k LEDs 45 or 60 degrees? A 5600k in 60 degree would be an awesome companion to my 3200k!

  4. #34
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,007

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    This is a very nice light. The beam on these yuji's is extremely nice with a very smooth transition from the hotspot with a subtle flood beam surrounding. I believe these are the 45 degree beam angle option, but it's actually surprisingly floody at close range while having a fairly reasonable range for a light with optics this tiny and a relatively floody beam. It's much more effective at range than a mule while being more user friendly than a reflector light when used at close range.

    I'm usually always looking for LEDs that really mimic incandescent light. But when I put this light next to my Surefire 6P and think about the time those classic lights come from, I'm actually craving another X5vn but with the 5600k Yuji's.

    I can't believe I just said that. No other LED has ever made me want to go with such a cool tint. Did I mention these Yuji's are really sweet? The 3200ks are a little yellowish, not in a bad way, kind of just part of being so warm tinted.

    Are the 5600k LEDs 45 or 60 degrees? A 5600k in 60 degree would be an awesome companion to my 3200k!
    Excellent review! My 5600K E01 is awesome. I had vin mod my X5 and X1 with 3200K. Cant wait to get them. I have another X5 here I may send to Vin for 5600K.

  5. #35
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,007

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Can these X5's run on any kind of Li Ion? Hmmmm

  6. #36

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    I ran mine on a LMR 16340 with a makeshift copper spacer, and it seemed to work pretty well. I tried to use a LiFe 16340 that was at 3.37 volts resting, and the X5 didnít really want to change into low mode very easily. Iíve been discharging the LMR 16340 on my charger and putting it back in to see how low the voltage can go before the low mode starts to ďmisbehaveĒ so far Iím down to 3.6 volts and behaving just fine.

  7. #37
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,007

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    I ran mine on a LMR 16340 with a makeshift copper spacer, and it seemed to work pretty well. I tried to use a LiFe 16340 that was at 3.37 volts resting, and the X5 didnít really want to change into low mode very easily. Iíve been discharging the LMR 16340 on my charger and putting it back in to see how low the voltage can go before the low mode starts to ďmisbehaveĒ so far Iím down to 3.6 volts and behaving just fine.
    Very nice, my X5's are so old they are single mode lol.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    What is the UI? Does it have mode memory and which level is first

  9. #39

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    What is the UI? Does it have mode memory and which level is first
    I can get both Single mode or 2 modes. I think Single mode is best. The 2 modes is a bit odd and has visible PWM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  10. #40

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    The 2 mode light defaults to high mode. The 2 mode only uses PWM on low mode, right? I tried to check with my cell phones camera. It definitely uses PWM on low mode, but I couldnít detect it on high mode...

  11. #41

    Default Re: Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    The 2 mode light defaults to high mode. The 2 mode only uses PWM on low mode, right? I tried to check with my cell phones camera. It definitely uses PWM on low mode, but I couldnít detect it on high mode...
    Yup just low. Nothing wrong with a bit of PWM. I am just super picky. When I know its there I always try to look for it.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •