plugged in light

francescawinter212

Newly Enlightened
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I'm looking for a night light/flash light setup that'll live most of it's life plugged in order to be ready in case of emergency. Amazon is suggesting a few and they look fine to me, but I was wondering if there's something that the community can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

mcfarlie6996

Newly Enlightened
Are you looking for a light that actually has plugs to go into the outlet? Or something that will be plugged in through a USB cable?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for something that switches itself on every night in the dark (night light) and doubles as a portable, rechargeable flashlight during a power outage?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wal Mart, Home Depot etc have them. Figure between $6-10. They are typically rectangle shaped hand helds the have a plug that folds into the body. You can set it up to automatically turn on in power failure or just stay plugged in and ready to go. Nothing fancy, just light when it's needed.

No waiting for the big brown truck to deliver them either.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for a light that actually has plugs to go into the outlet? Or something that will be plugged in through a USB cable?

These are essentially the same thing (USB cable + USB power adapter or USB hub = has plugs to go into the outlet).

Eagtac has several models with a micro USB port (e.g. DX3B mini).

But I recommend the Olight "R" Series. If your budget can support the investment, these work VERY well in the configuration you're asking about. I don't use mine as a night light, but I guess you could use the moonlight (0.5 lumen) mode indefinitely (although you might want to add a diffuser cap on top). The Olight S1R has a magnetic charging base that snaps onto the end of the light. It can tail stand in this configuration (charging) and works well left on a nightstand or kitchen counter. And the vendor information states that the light can be left in this configuration indefinitely. A little pricey compared to the $6 Home Depot option, but my motto is buy once, cry once.

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plugged In Light

I bought an Eton Blackout Buddy Charge recently. I had been in my local Mills Fleet Farm and saw the plain Eton Blackout Buddy. But, when looking online, I saw the Blackout Buddy Charge with USB charging ports, I decided that was the one for me. It serves as a nightlight, USB charger, and will come on during a power outage.

https://etoncorp.com/collections/connected-protected-prepared/products/blackout-buddy-charge

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Eton-Bl...}:st++cn:{0:0}++blackout+buddy+charge+{rest}+

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Re: Plugged In Light

Check out the WakaWaka light and the WakaWaka Power; each is a light and can recharge its internal batteries in the sun and the Power will be able to recharge some of your devices. Each of these has a solar panel on it.

Latest posts