Nitecore TM06S with flat topped batteries

Phil2015

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about upgrading my EA41 that I have had for about 3-4 yrs now and has been a brill light. Anyway I have got a bit of spare money and I am looking at the TM06 for about £100, so guys is it would be worth the upgrade or is there something better for £100?

But the main reason for this thread is to ask you guys if flat topped batteries will work in the TM06S?

Thanks

Zak

Enlightened
I'd get a Noctigon Meteor (98 USD) with Nichia 219Cs. It's meant to use button-tops, but flat-tops that are reasonably raised are known to work.

Compared to the TM06S, the Meteor has more output, vastly better color quality and is generally regarded as being well-built, while Nitecore products can be more hit and miss.

Phil2015

Newly Enlightened
Hey I have just come across the Fenix TK75 (2018) and it looks really nice, with the batt compartment having springs at both ends, so should work with flat topped batteries?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
... ... ... But the main reason for this thread is to ask you guys if flat topped batteries will work in the TM06S?
Thanks
I think that is a No.

Because my TM06Svn XHP50.2 came supplied with four solder blob batteries from Vinh. Vinh instructed me to use only those batteries that he supplied with the light. I can't examine the light now, because it is in the bank vault.

I like the light because of its full cylindrical form factor, head diameter is not larger than body diameter, so that qualifies as "compact" in my book.

Today's current modern lights are more likely to come equipped with XHP35, not XML2 emitters.

Zak

Enlightened
The TK75 is a very different light for different use cases. How will this light be used?