Angryfox        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CPF UK - AND NOW THE 2018 PARTY STARTS!

Default Re: CPF UK - AND NOW THE 2018 PARTY STARTS!

For after the viaduct, I was thinking The Jolley Tanners in Staplefield. Look ok to you?

Driving in central Brighton is horrendous and it will be worse this weekend as trains have been cancelled and it's also half term. So I suggest we park at either Black Rock Car Park, about a mile and a half to the East of the pier, (BN2 1DZ), or at Brighton Marina, (BN2 5UT), which is another 500m to the East and is also free. There's lots of places to eat at the Marina if we don't want to go all the way into central Brighton. Or if we're just after food then we don't need to go to Brighton at all. Maybe just meet at Devil's Dyke for lunch.

Black Rock sounds good to me and if I remember correctly, it's next to the nudist beach. At least, it was last time I went there. (I used to date a girl at Brighton Uni who was quite uninhibited.) If we wanted to go into town or the pier we can always take the mini train along the seafront. Not sure about lunch at the Dyke, it would leave a big gap between finishing lunch and going to the viaduct that would need to be filled.
    Andy and I will be in Brighton from about 10am onward so we'll be playing in the arcade, sitting on the beach, eating ice cream, playing mini golf or such like. We will try to avoid the middle East section of the town as two men walking together there would suggest something else! Drop us a line when you arrive and we'll all meet up.

Table for 6 booked at The Jolly Tanners for 8pm

Black Rock is indeed the car park next to the nudist beach. Sadly the mini-train won't be running so it's either walk, (I've done it before and it's quite a nice stroll along the sea front), or take a bus which will be £2.20 each way, (ask for a CentreFare), which you can pay for with a contactless card. Or for £5 you can get a CitySAVER which will allow you to travel as much as you want.

The Jolly Tanners looks good.

Charging batteries tonight.

Still need to do some charging and work out what to bring.

Once I'm back from the morning's activities, I'll message the group to see where you are and when to join you.

So from the timing I'm assuming we are visiting the viaduct, then going to the pub. Will there be a staging point pub before going to the viaduct, or will you come straight out from Brighton?
    Tactical Reviews by Subwoofer
    Latest Reviews - @TacticalReviews and Facebook
    CandlePower Forums "Trusted Product Tester / Reviewer"

Was thining about stopping off at the Devils Dyke before heading off to the Viaduct.

Sorry. chaps. My Flu has got the better of me - Soaring temperatures and sleepless nights this week have beaten me and I am going to miss this one.

Still I'm lending Andy my thrower torch and some fun/gift LED's I had for the group - make good use of them.

Please someone check on Tofty who is not on WhatsApp, but said he would come - I can PM his number if nobody has it.

Photos required from the night, have fun all.

Update, table for five!

I've just spotted that about a walk mile from the Viaduct is Ardingly Reservoir, complete with a giant plug hole thing that is crying out to be illuminated at night!

Lee, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Dose yourself up on pills and tough it through. You have all Sunday to lie in. The sea air will do you the world of good.

Looks like there is a public footpath just down from the viaduct that goes along the Ouse river then branching off to the viaduct. 20 min walk through fields perhaps.

Screenshot_20190222-225445 by Jay Rogers, on Flickr
    Last edited by Jay R; Today at 05:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123