RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

Default New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Ultra Compact, Ultra Bright Rechargeable Flashlight

Four (4) CREE XHP35 HD LEDs
    6500 lumen max output / 435 yards throw
    Single button control switch
    Memorizes previous brightness
    Built-in 12400mAh li-ion rechargeable battery

Now taking pre-orders for one of the most anticipated releases of the year! Expected arrival date: June 14

Order yours today and save 15% with coupon code CPF15OFF

Default Re: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

absolutely love this design!
    G.K Chesterton, when asked 'what is wrong with the world?' simply replied 'I am!'

Default Re: New Product: NITECORE Concept 2 6500 Lumen Compact Rechargeable Flashlight

Could you make this in a 1 emitter/1 cell version?

It looks too large and too awkward.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

At 113 mm length and ~55 mm diagonal I wouldn't call it ultra compact.
    I suspect it's not very comfortable to carry, but I nevertheless like it.
    It would be interesting with XHP35 HI too,

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    At 113 mm length and ~55 mm diagonal I wouldn't call it ultra compact.
    I suspect it's not very comfortable to carry, but I nevertheless like it.
    It would be interesting with XHP35 HI too,
    It the pictures, It looks like its smaller than a soda can in girth. I have been know to carry can sized object around the lake for extended periods of time with out a problem
    Looking forward to trying it in person.

We posted this video to our Youtube channel yesterday in anticipation of the Concept 2's arrival:

Watch "Concept 2 in Action" on Youtube

To also help give a better idea of the Concept 2's size, here it is with a dollar bill for reference:

I want to like this, but will have to wait on some reviews testing the parasitic drain.
    GOOD TINT!

I'm curious as to why XHP35-HD emitters were chosen as opposed to XHP35-Hi. Surely using the latter would still increase the throw considerably without the loss of much overall output?
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

I find it interesting that the output levels and reported run-times look to me like it doesn't step down after a few minutes and then run on... IE the turbo is 1/3rd of the high out put run-time. Often we see the turbo is only minutes less than the high.

I guess that the batteries must be a part of the heat sink for this light. I wonder, how does it handle the heat.

This one has peaked my interest.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy