HDS Hardpress Button

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
When my Orange 325 HDS arrived it had a flush button. I prefer raised, and managed to score one from Dan. While I waited for it to arrive I made my own.
I used a softpress McClicky boot, these seem to be a little bigger than the regular ones and have a wider skirt. The skirt fits well under the retaining ring in the HDS tail.
I filled the void in the boot with silicone sealant, I actually used some black stuff that I'd used to mend something outside the house. I made sure the level of the sealant was level with the face of the skirt. After it had set for about 12 hours I popped it in the tail with the important white disc, and satisfyingly it worked. The feel is much harder than the the HDS boot which I find a bit squidgy.
I'm not sure which I prefer, yet. But at least I have a choice.
If you're into stealth the HDS boot is quieter than mine.

If you decide to copy me, you do it at your own risk. Please don't shout at me if you break your switch.
Normal terms and conditions apply. Your investment can go up, down or sideways - eventually disappearing up it's own bottom.

P

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I could do a tutorial videao, but it would be like watching paint dry.
I can't imagine the stuff i used is removeable - it's very robust. Didn't even think of reversing it - I'm just so impetuous.
P

Latest posts