who stocks carley lamps?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
looking for a few but not enough to be worth ordering from carley.
anyone else i should try?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Moderatorially advice:

Get in contact with Mr Walt Welsh.

[email protected]

Knows how to get the best out of MagLights.

Re-spec' Herr Docktor Spiel_zeit!
wink.gif
grin.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
emailed him and did not get a reply.
does he have a website?
anyone else come to mind?

sflate

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> kc8adu emailed him and did not get a reply. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too did not get a response. Hopefully Walt is off enjoying himself somewhere and all is well. I emailed Tim Flanagan at [email protected] (Another well respected CandlePowerForum member) and he quickly responeded with what he had in stock. Sorry dude, but I think I purchased the last 2 3D Mag Alkaline Carleys that he had. He did say that he had 2 of the 3cell Rechargeable 1.7's left. He thought he had a 2 Cell Mag Alkaline left also, but wasn't sure if it was a Carley or not.

sflate

Enlightened
Yes, the Carley bulbs are Xenon bulbs for Maglites. They are suppose to be brighter than the stock bulb, or Krypton bulbs and have a better beam too. I'll let you know how they are when I get them. You can check out the specs Carley Lamps Website but I think they have a $50 minimum order from their site.

Deuce

Newly Enlightened
I sent Carley an email about two weeks ago. They responded that they were in their annual two week shut-down. They are to be back open on July 16. I hope that they will respond to me concering minimum orders and pricing.

JoeyL

Enlightened
How about the stock MagNum star or white star lamps that Mag sells?
I think someone mentioned that these were made by Carley. If so, they may be the same thing. Anyone know for sure?
Incidentally, someone made a reference that SureFires bulbs might have been made by Carley. Thatt would be interesting.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the White Star (made in Japan) is the standard lamp, and the Magnum Star (made in Mexico) is more powerful, lens-ended. Don't know for sure if those are made by Carley.

Walt Welch says that his Carley lamps are far superior in terms of the smoothness of beam, cutting down on the flaws of the Mag lamps. He has -

QUOTE ... KSA, KSR, and XS lamps. These are used for alkaline, NiCd, and alkaline cells, respectively. I would recommend the XS for alkaline use. /QUOTE

I believe he special orders them, and to his own specifications.
shocked.gif

Some time ago, Dano posted that the SureFire lamps are made by Carley.

Lite-Lover

sflate

Enlightened
FYI, I just received my order today from Tim, and he included the 2cell alkaline Carley that he wasn't sure about - FOR FREE!
Way to go Tim - Thanks!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have been having some e-mail problems lately, and apologize if you did not get a response from me.

I should state that I am NOT a dealer or retailer, I started supplying people with Carley lamps because I was buying them for myself from Carley, and wished to do people a service. I didn't even used to charge for them. I still don't for out of country orders.

I hate wrapping things up. If you want a Carley lamp from me, and I have most all KSA, KSR and XS types around, e-mail me, I will let you know I have them for sure, and eventually send them to you. If you want rapid service, try Tim Flanagan.

Sorry for everyone's inconvenience,

Walt

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You should try an alternative to Carley Lamps. This company is ITI, whose lamps are sold through USHIO America, 1,800,760,7446. ITI does everything that Carley can do, has better engineering and customer support, and supplies to all of the leading flashlight companies.