EAGTAC        
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Preon P1 MKIII

Default Re: Preon P1 MKIII

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    So, as a “pre-production” purchaser, in a backhanded way, it’s really my fault for not expecting there to be a host of problems (referenced as the boldened any​ in the response above) with my light and then having to be okay with that?

Further, whenever the “engineering” problems with the factory in China get figured out, in order to get my light fixed to less than half-of-the-reason-I-purchased stats, I’m supposed to either A) send the light back in (assuming at my cost) to get some parts swapped out and deal with the ensuing wait for however long that may take, or, B) send my light in for a refund? What happened to the solution that I proposed? The logical solution to make up for the “oh-yeah-you-guys-are-my-guinea-pigs-in-every-way-but-don’t-really-know-it problem? I was crystal clear that I didn’t want a refund and listed the reasons why.

Hmmm.

Okay.

I stated earlier that the response about this light would dictate for me any further purshases of future FourSevens lights. I received my answer loud and clear.

I appreciate the time time it took to write out the reasons why we should understand how disappointed you are, how hard it is for someone to run a business, and how incredibly sucky it must be to work with an overseas manufacturer.
    You purchased a protoype(Pre-production) at a 20% discount, not a Production light.
    Yes, You undertook a certain amount of risk and responsibility purchasing this prototype light(s).
    You have not gotten anything but the truth, loud and clear to best of knowledge.
    The problem can not be solved in a matter of a day, or a week, and the SOLUTIONS are being worked
    on and will be posted once they can be determined.
    I understand myself and everyone else's disappointment, but this problem does not warrant your interpretation that You are
    painting of how Prometheus/FourSevens operates. You are free to disagree, but your responses are premature and lacking
    patience of someone who purchased a prototype to test, checkout, and become involved with it's development and solutions
    in a positive manner.

Here is a disclaimer from the website:

Picture Link
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 07-11-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    What happened to the solution that I proposed?
    I literally just looked back through the thread and couldn’t find your suggestion.

I see you aren’t satisfied by the concept of your light being fixed once they find a solution AND you aren’t satisfied by the concept of getting your money back, so what is the proposed solution?

No offense, but I’m thinking maybe you didn’t read the “don’t be an @$$hole policy”?

Begs the question why pre-production specs are listed at all then. Hard to believe there was no time for any person working there to simply turn a light on and let it run for two hours. There is too much competition at this price point to just shrug at the fact people got 20% of what was advertised. To then make it sound like it was our fault for believing what we read, is pretty rough.

I really don't understand some of the responses here. Yeah, Prometheus made a mistake. They admitted that and have offered two entirely reasonable solutions (repair or refund).

Let's just take a deep breath and be a little kind here.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    I literally just looked back through the thread and couldn’t find your suggestion.

I see you aren’t satisfied by the concept of your light being fixed once they find a solution AND you aren’t satisfied by the concept of getting your money back, so what is the proposed solution?

No offense, but I’m thinking maybe you didn’t read the “don’t be an @$$hole policy”?
    I think he suggested discounts on final production for pre-production purchasers.
    Last edited by Newguy2012; 07-12-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Thank you Jason for being transparent. Don’t feel bad about it, really no reason. Yes there are some disappointed customers. But the way you handle it is very professional and more than one can expect from a pre-production and discounted product. Full support from my side! (I purchased 8 of the lights – needed to compensate for the shipping costs overseas :P)

You solutions offered are more than fair. Send back and get refund or send back and get it fixed once a solution is found. Not sure if I will actually do it. Sitting in Europe, the costs for shipping two times when fixing it equal to purchasing a new light later on. And like you, in my real world use, I did not encounter the issues. I also charge regularly.

Earlier in the thread #197, someone proposed an option to simply ship the new driver so we can fix the lights ourselves. I will send an email to support and we can discuss that option.

Another option that was mentioned in the thread was to give people that got a pre-production light a discount on the full production light. I guess it is a little too much administration. But I am sure mailing support and proposing this will result in a good dialogue and happy customers at the end.

Overall, keep up the good work. I like your transparency, even when things go unexpected. Looking forward to get some more info once you found the error.

And to all disappointed customers. I can just say that I purchase things from Prometheus Lights since a couple of years and always got professional, flexible and generous feedback and help from support, sometimes even direct answers from the maker. All my crazy inquiries have been considered and ended up in happy builder, happy customer relation. The quality of all products received is exceeding my expectations by far. Be patient. At the end everything will be good. If it is not yet good, it is not yet the end

My Moonlight test has been running over night. on hour 12 so far
    26 hours so far
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 07-12-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    You have not gotten anything but the truth, loud and clear to best of knowledge.
    Isn’t that rich?!?!

Do do you mean from the start or now?

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    You are free to disagree, but your responses are premature and lacking patience of someone who purchased a prototype to test, checkout, and become involved with it's development and solutions in a positive manner.
    At the sake of repeating myself, I posted earlier that if I would have known that with my purchase, I was going to be a mere pawn to simply be verifying “engineer values,” I would have rather let someone else have that opportunity to have been the tester. Had what you wrote - and I put in bold above - been posted anywhere in the PL description of this light, I would have passed. What you wrote above and what was actually stated about the “pre-production run are, in fact, polar opposites. Let’s not now be dishonest about this.

As for the picture I’m painting? It was stated that samples were received from the factory. Clearly, despite stat claims to the contrary, these samples were never tested for things like runtimes or mode changes when the battery depletes. Those are two mayor things that I’m not glossing over or trying to “reimagine.”

Who’s really been painting an untrue picture about the light under the guise of “pre-production” and then backhandedly blaming the paying customers for not knowing all the “pre-production” involved? The stats of the light have changed on the website now twice in the last three days. I’m sorry...who’s painting what?

I received my answer about this light with Archer’s post and have determined how I will move forward with any future FourSevens lights. It is what it is.

Frodo - I proposed a discount for the “pre-production” purchasers on the “full production” light. I even listed how it was logically a win/win for all involved.

Flashaholic*

When I emailed Prometheus about the chance for repair or refund, I was told to send it in for a refund. Didn't know having it repaired was an option.

EDIT: Nonetheless though, the day they got my light back, they sent me an email saying my order was refunded, shipping cost and all. All tnat was lost in this for me was the cost of sending it back.

Best of luck to Jason and Prometheus Lights!
    Last edited by defloyd77; 07-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Post #206 by archer is such an amazing example of this community we hold so dear. Yes, I did not get one of the pre-production Preons (and therefore do not have the emotional investment and money investment so many of you have) but will some of you remember the kind of public response Zebralight and Nitecore gave when they messed up big-time? It was virtually nothing or a guarded, brief comment by a distributor.

Anger is certainly a normal response to erroneous information, and sub-par performance. When it is your business, your livelihood, well that is just about as serious as it gets (excluding personal tragedy)

The kind of flashlights people like so much from Prometheus are a product of the person(s) who made them, right? Their priorities, preferences and style all add up to something of a unique product. Here we have the person who stuck his neck out to keep the 4Sevens name alive, make a mistake that he admits. And he offers refund or repair. No doubt he will learn to make sure stated runtime performance meets the expectations of discriminating users, and that his trust of others can only go so far. Live and learn... Thanks for reading this and hopefully those still hurt about this can eventually forgive another's mistakes.
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 07-12-2018 at 10:03 AM.

I became ultimately disappointed with the Preon P1 Mk III, for a few reasons and all important to the functioning of the light. But my reasons for liking this third generation of the P1 are more numerous and hold out hope for a rebirth of this new and improved, next generation of a most popular EDC.
    Last edited by lumenati; 07-12-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: New subject.

support@darksucks.com worked for me.

Thanks for your quick response.
    I just now found it as well. I became embarrassed and changed the 'subject' in my previous post, hoping to do so before noticed. : )
    Last edited by lumenati; 07-12-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n3mo View Post
    Thank you Jason for being transparent. Don’t feel bad about it, really no reason. Yes there are some disappointed customers. But the way you handle it is very professional and more than one can expect from a pre-production and discounted product. Full support from my side! (I purchased 8 of the lights – needed to compensate for the shipping costs overseas :P)

You solutions offered are more than fair. Send back and get refund or send back and get it fixed once a solution is found. Not sure if I will actually do it. Sitting in Europe, the costs for shipping two times when fixing it equal to purchasing a new light later on. And like you, in my real world use, I did not encounter the issues. I also charge regularly.

Earlier in the thread #197, someone proposed an option to simply ship the new driver so we can fix the lights ourselves. I will send an email to support and we can discuss that option.

Another option that was mentioned in the thread was to give people that got a pre-production light a discount on the full production light. I guess it is a little too much administration. But I am sure mailing support and proposing this will result in a good dialogue and happy customers at the end.

Overall, keep up the good work. I like your transparency, even when things go unexpected. Looking forward to get some more info once you found the error.

And to all disappointed customers. I can just say that I purchase things from Prometheus Lights since a couple of years and always got professional, flexible and generous feedback and help from support, sometimes even direct answers from the maker. All my crazy inquiries have been considered and ended up in happy builder, happy customer relation. The quality of all products received is exceeding my expectations by far. Be patient. At the end everything will be good. If it is not yet good, it is not yet the end
    I must admit, I think I've learned to be a bit more 'chill' about these things after having to deal with the original Foursevens Customer service about my Bolt Mini light. It took a number of weeks, and a lot of frustration to get any kind of answer (accurate or not) from them towards the end. This is a somewhat refreshing change.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they might be able to send out 'repair parts' to us overseas folk, that don't require any knowledge of soldering to install!

I think it is proper to note here that several posts by member wacbzz have been removed from this thread by a forum moderator and consolidated into one thread posted HERE. Consequently there appears to be some inconsistencies and lack of continuity in this thread. CPF (*I*) does not condone this type of moderation but if this is how the moderator(s) of this sub-forum choose to conduct business, it is on them.

Carry on.

EDIT ADDED: Looks like the posts were put back where they originally were. Nothing more to see here. Thank you...
    Last edited by Greta; 07-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.

If there's anyone else who isn't happy with their light...I missed the initial release and couldn't even get one of them.

So... :/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678