The Fenix-Store        
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: Preon P1 MKIII

Default Re: Preon P1 MKIII

One shouldn't expect a dramatic increase from 60 to 100 lumens. The runtime of 1 hr for Burst needs to be changed on the website.

Brightness Levels (With 1xAAA NiMH battery)
    Low: 1 lumen, 45 hrs
    Medium: 15 lumens, 5 hrs
    High: 60 lumens, 1.2 hrs
    Max: 100 lumens, 1 hr-
    Burst: 100 lumens, 1 hr
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    One shouldn't expect a dramatic increase from 60 to 100 lumens. The runtime of 1 hr for Burst needs to be changed on the website.
    CG is right. Let's not forget everyone's eyes are also different. Without tools the easiest way to view it is by focusing on the brightness of the spill of the beam, and not the hotspot.

Thanks for the info guys. I understand now. I guess initially I was looking for a greater difference between the two settings. But finally realized its there just a minor change.

Iím still enjoying the light. Itís hard sometimes to not want crazy lumens. I carried a olight sr2 for quite some time. But I always seem to come back to a AAA light because of the ability they have to disappear in the pocket. And 100 lumens is more than enough light for every day use. But again.....itís hard not to crave the Big lumens of a larger light sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgizler View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I understand now. I guess initially I was looking for a greater difference between the two settings. But finally realized its there just a minor change.

Iím still enjoying the light. Itís hard sometimes to not want crazy lumens. I carried a olight sr2 for quite some time. But I always seem to come back to a AAA light because of the ability they have to disappear in the pocket. And 100 lumens is more than enough light for every day use. But again.....itís hard not to crave the Big lumens of a larger light sometimes.
    Crazy lumens, you say. Boy have I got a light for you!

900 to be exact. MiNI MK III

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Excellent picture. Provided for size reference.

Photo Credit: SNES

Very nice. I had one of those when 4sevens first came out with them. Canít remember what happened to it. I almost ordered one but decided on the preon.

Great picture btw

Flashaholic*

Did the mode memory problem on the P1 MKIII ever get fixed?
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by cave dave View Post
    Did the mode memory problem on the P1 MKIII ever get fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnark17 View Post
    I have sent the lights on to Flfrk. They should arrive Friday. Short review: the newest Preons are excellent. The P1 and P2 both have easily accessible burst modes, (unlike my first-production-run examples,) so it appears the bugs are all worked out now. I was surprised by just how well the P2 disappears into a pocket. I will probably buy one sometime, when either the silver or copper is on sale. (Black doesn't appeal to me, or I would have bought one at 20% off the other day. Why only black?...) Longer review with pictures to follow.
    The Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW is still going.
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 08-08-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Flashaholic*

Well the iinevitable finally happened and my P1 fell out of my pocket somewhere. I should have learned my lesson not to EDC it anymore after a bunch of close calls.

Sorry, but until this flaw is fixed, I have no intention on buying another Preon.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

What did you not clip it correctly to yourself?
    I have NEVER had problems losing the light.

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    Well the iinevitable finally happened and my P1 fell out of my pocket somewhere. I should have learned my lesson not to EDC it anymore after a bunch of close calls.

Sorry, but until this flaw is fixed, I have no intention on buying another Preon.

I've lost lights. They've gotten snagged on my seatbelt . Found one, a preon1 I dropped in the fall on a gravel driveway that next spring. Changed the cell and worked fine, just a little dinged up.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH FAN View Post
    What did you not clip it correctly to yourself?
    I have NEVER had problems losing the light.
    Yeah, that's probably what happened, I must have forgotten how to use these high tech, fancy pants clip doohickeys.

It's the ONLY light I have had this much trouble with staying clipped to a pocket.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Anyone know where you can find the copper one? Prometheus gave me the lovely answer of "we don't when our own items will ever be in stock"and I can't find it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by berfles View Post
    Anyone know where you can find the copper one? Prometheus gave me the lovely answer of "we don't when our own items will ever be in stock"and I can't find it anywhere else.
    Have You tried a WTB post?

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    Have You tried a WTB post?

I haven't, I'd rather wait for them to be in stock vs getting someone's used light. Just wish there was any sort of ETA at all.

Quote Originally Posted by berfles View Post
    I haven't, I'd rather wait for them to be in stock vs getting someone's used light. Just wish there was any sort of ETA at all.
    Great News!!!!
    The recent kickstarter for the Titanium Preon 1 will allow a pre-order of the Copper Preon 1 and Copper Preon 2 at a discount. Check it out Here.
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 05-28-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    Great News!!!!
    The recent kickstarter for the Titanium Preon 1 will allow a pre-order of the Copper Preon 1 and Copper Preon 2 at a discount. Check it out Here.
    Thanks for this. Grabbed one of each. These are great lights to scatter around the house. I have a black one already.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Candlepowerforums mobile app

I donít see the Kickstarter on the link

Quote Originally Posted by Mgizler View Post
    I donít see the Kickstarter on the link
    Not sure what happened, but the link will take You to the product page, then click on the pre-order store button.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314