where to buy Arc stuff in singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandruff

Enlightened
hey guys. I think Arc lights are real cool, was wonder whether anybody knows where to get them in singapore?

im aware that there are a few singaporean flashahlics around...

Lucien

Enlightened
I know I saw a few Arc-AAAs at Shears Marketing, but that was a long time back. Last few times I went they didn't have any.

As Xenon noted, you probably have to order direct from Arc. Hopefully you can put together an order with someone and split shipping. I know a few of us did that almost a year ago.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Hi:

I'm in Singapore and will order some ARC4s from Peter.

So anyone of you want one (both Premiums and Seconds), can just come to me. I can save some shipping cost (US$10) for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've gotten all my arcs from either the B/S/T forum here or from arc direct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif should have asked earlier....i just placed an order with arc yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dandruff

Enlightened
adoi. hmm not keen on buying online. dad wont like seeing us$180 on his credit card statment haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. thanks s2k

anyways while we're at it where are good places to get flashlight stuff in sg? i bought my surefire E2e from sheares. im looking for a good holster for my E2e and my victorinox swiss army knife.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm not aware of any other places in singapore besides the sheares marketing and sngarms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Last time I went to sngarms and asked them about ARC, they even don't know what that is.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I'm selling ARC4s to China, so you guys can buy them from me for almost the same price ARC LLC offers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s. I also have some LS tailcaps, ARC4 O-rings and screws, if anyone need one for replacement, let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
s2k: arc isn't an established a brand as surefire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif are you the official arc distributor in singapore now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
On a sLIGHTly different topic - The HA twisties JSBurly is selling:

>yes they should better still, they'll fit flush
>with the rest of the light. the older twisties were
>slightly thicker than the rev2 bezels.

I've read comments that overtightening this can damage the battery or the PCB on the LS. Is this true?

Also, do we have enough interest (and pre-bookings) to do a collective buy to SG? I think pre-booking are needed as JSB's post had gathered lots of un-official bookings. He's probably planning to honor these, so those that got in early might have a shot at this.
Winston, how do these work, compared to the Kroll switchie? Am wondering if USD 15 + S&H is worth it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Thanks.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
are you the official arc distributor in singapore now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I hope so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just started this business for 2 or 3 weeks and hope could continue as long as possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

p.s. I'll order some ARC T-Shirts and C123 Pouches too, anyone interested are welcomed to my house and see them, I live in Bedok area /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
canuckle: the twisties work pretty much in the same way as the arc AAA. if you tighten it all the way, a small pedestal in the bottom of the twistie makes contact with the -ve terminal of the battery and sandwiches the battery against the +ve terminal in the head of the light, and it lights up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif loosen it and the electrical contact is broken (the battery would then be free to rattle around).

the circuit board itself is pretty hardy, and over tightening the twistie would more likely dent the -ve terminal of the battery. if the battery is dented badly enough, the battery would effectively become too short to make contact with the +ve and -ve terminals even if the twistie is tightened all the way down. they are worth the money if you want the smallest possible configuration the arc LS comes in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

s2k: at least we have a local source for arc products now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lucien

Enlightened
Hmmm, quite a lot of us here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Canuckle said:
Also, do we have enough interest (and pre-bookings) to do a collective buy to SG? I think pre-booking are needed as JSB's post had gathered lots of un-official bookings. He's probably planning to honor these, so those that got in early might have a shot at this.
Winston, how do these work, compared to the Kroll switchie? Am wondering if USD 15 + S&H is worth it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, how about we move this to another thread, it's gone a little off topic for this forum? (meaning all the not really about Arc stuff... collective buys, meet ups, etc etc. We had a thread in the cafe...)

Then maybe we can plan a local flashaholic meet up, and plan a collective buy or two. Collective buy gooooood.... (Save's us all on shipping.)

s2k

Newly Enlightened
There is a thread in CAFE called Singapore Thread.

Just confirmed order with merri, 8 arc4s (both seconds and firsts), 2 T-Shirts and some accessories, but not shipped yet.

I also bought some Pelican M6-LEDs, SabreLites and CR123 cells from batterystaion, they'll arrive next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif wow ! you guys are rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif getting Arc4+

Arc4+ is indeed an interested light, but price is too high for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

ordered 5 Arc AAAs from Arc LLC directly previously, two of them Arc AAA Premium.

Dunno where my eyes has problems or not, my Arc AAA-P is almost the same as ArcAAA ??? not much whiter than normal AAA.

dandruff

Enlightened
are u gonna sell the arc4s? how much in sgd?

also do you have any arc AAAs? im REALLY interested in those

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.