M6 Led ...why no pocket clip?

DimBeam

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a pocket clip that can be attached to the Pelican M6 Led? I am not a sheath fan so a clip would be ideal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't think so....i think the pelican M6 was intended to be used more as a duty light rather than a personal light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about the only thing I dislike about the light. I love to clip the light to my pocket edge.

steve_vance

Enlightened
IMHO....do you think the M6 might be a little heavy for a pocket clip? Whenever I put one in my shirt pocket, I always end up taking it out because it's just TOO HEAVY for the average shirt pocket. besides, according to my contact at Pelican (see above post) the M6 is a DUTY LIGHT; most LE officers prefer the sheath approach.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's bright enough for a duty light. Besides, I've never seen an officer with a non rechargable light. It's always stinger on the belt, SL20 or Gagcharger in the cruiser.

I would love a pocket clip for the M6.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must know a different type of officer. The ones I know have a rechargeable, but most ALL carry a back-up of some brand of 2/123.

I also don't know any experienced officer that doesn't carry a back-up handgun of some kind.

When you are doing an entry, you DON'T want to be in the dark, or have a handgun that doesn't work.