Handguns Magazine Article On Flashlights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The April/May 2004 issue of Handguns Magazine has an article on pages 30-33 about the need to always carry a FLASHLIGHT on you.

They talk about several brands that are popular in this board:

Surefire, Streamlight, and Pelican.

Unfortunately, no mention of Arc. Instead, the author recommends the Maglite Solitaire as a keychain light (gag)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Its not a particularly good article, but it is cool to see flashlights mentioned.

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I will check it out. Author should have check with CPF before doing a article. Since I learn that 2003 Luminescence Award EDC First and Second are ARC's. I bought ARC 4+ and AAA Turq. I cant believed it is PERFECT EDC cuz of its size and quality. I am going find ARC AAA Preimium next if its availible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
Unfortunately, no mention of Arc. Instead, the author recommends the Maglite Solitaire as a keychain light (gag)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Its not a particularly good article, but it is cool to see flashlights mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a subscriber (assuming you are) and a CPF member, it's your duty to write that author and the editor of the mag and straighten them out about that solitaire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've noticed that same thing about flashlight articles in magazines. Nice to see them getting attention, but usually they're not (from our standpoint, at least) very good. The Popular Mechanics article a few months ago was the same way. The only non-CPF* related info on flashlights I've seen that was any good was Dan's Data - too bad it's not in print.

Any budding authors here on CPF that could write a good article and get it published?

*I consider the several excellent sites run by CPF members as CPF-related.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bill.H said:
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

As a subscriber (assuming you are) and a CPF member, it's your duty to write that author and the editor of the mag and straighten them out about that solitaire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've noticed that same thing about flashlight articles in magazines. Nice to see them getting attention, but usually they're not (from our standpoint, at least) very good. The Popular Mechanics article a few months ago was the same way. The only non-CPF* related info on flashlights I've seen that was any good was Dan's Data - too bad it's not in print.

Any budding authors here on CPF that could write a good article and get it published?

*I consider the several excellent sites run by CPF members as CPF-related.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I subscribe.

I'll write to the editor and mention that Arcs are much better than Maglite Solitaire. I'll also try to point the author to CPF, so that he can learn about good carry lights (as opposed to the okay paperweight but not good for anything else light that he calls the Maglite Solitaire)

I've been published once in a different magazine in letter to the editors, so you never know I might be published again.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gun rags are trash, they will say whatever the manufacturers tells them too since they buy ad space.