TWISTY END CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened
hi guys,
today i started using a twisty end cap on my LSHF-P. It is very handy. I like it because it eliminates accidental activation of the light. I can now carry this light with no concerns of running down my battey unintentionally. This device is great!!!! and my light is great as well .

robk

Enlightened
I've using the twisty for a few months now, smaller and easier than the "Krummy Kroll". Just don't hand it to a non-flashaholic, they'll crank it down and possibly damage the battery or even worse, the circuit board!
Rob

kaseri

Enlightened
Twist until you hear a "crunch" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
and that means damage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

and no, crunching does not affect water resistance. but it might affect chemical resistance from inside (battery leaking etc)

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
My question on the water resistance was if I twist until the light comes on, and stop twisiting, will the tailcap be on tight enough to ensure water tightness?

Thanks.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was water tight with the light on or off. The O-ring is always there, right??
Just wondering.

Blades

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blades,

That is correct. The pressure comes from the o-ring being pressed between the twisty body and the lip of the head which extends over the twisty body. As soon as the o-ring disappears under the head, the light is ready to hit the water. It also remains waterproof while being turned on and off. The twisting does not compromise the water resistance.

Also, you have to twist rather hard to cause battery dammage. I have had several people try to focus the light by twisting on the end, or try to turn it off by twisting the end IN (oy !) and in no case was there battery dammage. Perhaps a bit of a dent, but nothing that caused a problem. Still, I am wary about handing my Arc LSH to anyone, and if I do, I tell them that it doesn't focus, and grab it before they try to turn it off.

ibewno3,

Glad to hear your twisty is working! Did you have to use the metal washer? Or did it work without it? Or did you do something else? Just curious.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
js: i can understand your fear...i had a "friend" crossthread my beloved arc AAA. instead of backing it off when he felt resistance, he further tightened it, damaging the threads slightly. now i have to be careful whenever i screw on the head or the threads might cross-thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cosco

Newly Enlightened
I have discovered the twisty can operete in "momentary" mode. I stop twisting the cap immediately when the light goes off and if I push it then it goes on. The rubber foam ring and thread tolerance together makes it.
Maybe I am not the first person who discovered it but I have not came across any post about it here in this forum yet.
I turn it 90 degrees more when putting in pocket just for sure it wont come on accidentaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.