Klarus        
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
Results 241 to 259 of 259

Thread: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

  1. #241
    Flashaholic* usdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Sticks
    Posts
    1,823

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    @snake
    I LOVE that M6 man. Thatís what I m wanting for mine.

    @RCS
    I have the 3 slot with red and want to change the trits to yellow or green.

    My UV has 6 purple trits and itís perfect but for me the green x 6 was too much so I d personally install 3 and cover 3 slots ... much easier to do it that way than to install 6 and decide itís too much. A different color with not so much illumination would be ok.
    Donít Tread On Me

  2. #242

    Default HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    How do you like the tritium vials in the bezel? Was thinking about doing this but am concerned that it may be too bright in the pitch black.
    I really like it, especially for locating the light in the dark. I donít really notice them when Iím using the light at night.

    One key is color choice, because not all colors are the same brightness. I used the ice blue which is about mid brightness. If you didnít want it to be as bright, you could choose a lower brightness like purple or alternate brighter with dimmer. My preference is ice blue or purple.

    Last edited by Sos24; 10-13-2019 at 03:25 PM.

  3. #243

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    How do you like the tritium vials in the bezel? Was thinking about doing this but am concerned that it may be too bright in the pitch black.
    Trits are fun, they do distract (or entertain) me when I use 10 lumens or less.

    I sometimes cover trits with my hand, or thumb, depending where they are located on the light.

    this is 0.01 lumens, Green Trits are clearly visible (to the point of being distracting) at that level.


    The trits are on the tail of this particular light, and I sometimes cover them with my thumb to hide them from my line of sight

    I could cover trits around a bezel, by holding the bezel in my fist.

    I can still see the Green Trits, in a dark room, when I use 10 lumens out the front, but they are less distracting than at sublumen levels.

    I find Green trits very bright on the nighstand in full dark, imo other colors are worth considering. I like Aqua better than green, they are 60% as bright as Green, and Aqua trits are still easily visible enough to locate my light on the nightstand in full darkness (with the light off)

    I have not tried Red Trits yet, they are just 20% as bright as Green and I would like to try them.

  4. #244
    Flashaholic* RCS1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    1,180

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post

    I have not tried Red Trits yet, they are just 20% as bright as Green and I would like to try them.
    Thank you for the photo. I operate in pitch black conditions often and I cannot see my hand in front of my face. Found that I had to use the smallest available single green tritium vial from Mixglo or it would be too bright on the night stand. I may try ordering a few different color tritium vials in plastic at $8 each to get a better sense of how the colors work in my environment first. Pulling the trigger on a HDS bezel ($70) and six tritium vials ($36) plus the installation with my HDS UV light would be the second step if I can find a color that works times six (6).

    I may just go with six ice blue tritium vials or purple tritium vials as the lanyards are driving me crazy cause the double constrictor knots on the single strand lanyards loosen at the most inconvenient times. Now, which HDS light/led to choose...

    The best solution for me would be to find lanyard rings for my HDS Executives but they cannot be found. Traded emails with Jason at Darksucks and he can make them if I want to order the minimum quantity of 1,000. I only need six (6) HDS lanyard rings.

    Last edited by RCS1300; 10-22-2019 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Picture and details

  5. #245

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    Trits are fun, they do distract (or entertain) me when I use 10 lumens or less.

    I sometimes cover trits with my hand, or thumb, depending where they are located on the light.

    this is 0.01 lumens, Green Trits are clearly visible (to the point of being distracting) at that level.


    The trits are on the tail of this particular light, and I sometimes cover them with my thumb to hide them from my line of sight

    I could cover trits around a bezel, by holding the bezel in my fist.

    I can still see the Green Trits, in a dark room, when I use 10 lumens out the front, but they are less distracting than at sublumen levels.

    I find Green trits very bright on the nighstand in full dark, imo other colors are worth considering. I like Aqua better than green, they are 60% as bright as Green, and Aqua trits are still easily visible enough to locate my light on the nightstand in full darkness (with the light off)

    I have not tried Red Trits yet, they are just 20% as bright as Green and I would like to try them.
    Green trits are really bright with dark adapted eyes, but red trits are really nice and pleasant on the eyes and still bright enough to locate with fully dark adapted eyes.

  6. #246

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxTacGear View Post
    Green trits are really bright with dark adapted eyes, but red trits are really nice and pleasant on the eyes and still bright enough to locate with fully dark adapted eyes.
    that is very helpful, thanks!
    I agree the green ones are very bright, more than necessary, for my needs, but still fun

  7. #247

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    If this helps here are a couple of bezels with green & purple bezel and all ice blue.

  8. #248

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    great photos, thanks.. ice blue looks like the happy medium to me..

    got red?:-)

    what are your trit color preferences for these two scenarios:

    adequately bright enough for use as a marker to locate the light on the nightstand
    while also not being too bright to be distracting when using sublumen levels

    and, do you occasionally simply cover the LEDs if using the light up close at low levels?

    iow, what color should I buy next (I have all green already).. LOL!
    Im leaning towards aqua orange red combo.. or red yellow green
    or, maybe 1 of each of 6 colors :-)

    if anyone cares to look there are a bunch of trit photos here
    Last edited by jon_slider; 10-22-2019 at 03:51 PM.

  9. #249

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    great photos, thanks.. ice blue looks like the happy medium to me..

    got red?:-)

    what are your trit color preferences?
    I do not have red. I only have the three I showed. My preference is the ice blue. It is light enough not to be too distracting, while also being bright enough to see when just sitting on a table.

    I donít usually feel the need to cover the vial with them on the bezel because being on the side usually only 1-2 are visible, unlike the RRT01 where all 6 are visible on the end. But if desired I can easily place my thumb over them.

    Here is a picture of an all purple bead with 6 vials next to the ice blue bezel.

  10. #250

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1



    Just picked up these Vapcell INR batteries; guilt-free HDS lumens, here we come! (And a big thanks for Jon for the suggestion!)

  11. #251

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post


    Just picked up these Vapcell INR batteries; guilt-free HDS lumens, here we come! (And a big thanks for Jon for the suggestion!)
    I have some of the Vapcells and have been pleased with them so far. They do encourage use.

  12. #252
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    4,062

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Just picked up these Vapcell INR batteries; guilt-free HDS lumens, here we come! (And a big thanks for Jon for the suggestion!)
    Magnificent photo. Do you have the cells currently on offer from HDS? If so, how do they compare?

    Personally, I'm past guilt. If I need lumens, I'm worth it. lol.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  13. #253

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Thanks! Unfortunately, no HDS cells here, so not quite sure how they stack up.

    True, flashlights are a relatively cheap hobby compared to many others...

  14. #254

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Magnificent photo. Do you have the cells currently on offer from HDS? If so, how do they compare?

    Personally, I'm past guilt. If I need lumens, I'm worth it. lol.
    I have a couple of those offered by HDS as well as the Vapcell, but havenít done any direct testing comparing the two. Ido not have equipment or knowledge for direct testing. From just general use observations both seem to have a good capacity and be reliable.

  15. #255

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Perhaps late to the party on this but Geronimo decided to wake me in the middle of the night to pee... good grief... one would think a two-year old (14 in dog years) could make it longer than an old fart like myself but anyway... I just put white tritiums in the titanium bezel on my High Noon... and for a second, thought I had left it on. This gave me the idea of taking this photo... HDS on the lowest setting on white paper... makes the white tritium look green in the photo but not in real life... would that be considered "crossing the beams"?

    [IMG][/IMG]

    Anyway, this should give a good idea of the brightness of the white tritiums from Mixglo.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  16. #256

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Jenga anyone?

    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  17. #257
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Oh Hogo, that's borderline HDS porn...

  18. #258
    Flashaholic* desert.snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Eastern Europe
    Posts
    681

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Jenga anyone?

    small houses are built from matches, a medieval fortress can be built from HDS


  19. #259
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the middle of Europe
    Posts
    932

    Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Jenga anyone?

    Hogo, How much is a HDS Jenga Starter Kit?
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •