Malkoff        
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Very cool Modernflame. Are those your initials engraved too?
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

They are indeed.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    This ones pretty sweet!
    4500k XPL RD BOSS ē 4000k 219C BOSS Ti ē 2700k HDS Rotary

Ordered yesterday, shipping out today. Guess if I was making Kydex, I could take 7 weeks instead of 1 day.

And one for Henry. Horizontal belt loop carry.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

That Henry Special looks really good!

And one for Henry. Horizontal belt loop carry...
    It's a great idea. Seems like it would make for an easy draw while seated.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

...Horizontal belt loop carry.
    What is the benefit of going to horizontal carry? In that position would you recommend a Flap for the novice flash light person?

BTW, with all of these neat holster designs coming out I am now checking the Thors Hammer Custom Leather Web store every day.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    What is the benefit of going to horizontal carry? In that position would you recommend a Flap for the novice flash light person?

BTW, with all of these neat holster designs coming out I am now checking the Thors Hammer Custom Leather Web store every day.
    I only put stuff in there when I have time to make stuff I have had ideas for. The tritium inserts would be an example. That is new. Generally, I just make what folks ask for, and if they aren't specific, I do the standard open top design, but pretty much whatever someone comes up with, if it doesn't break the laws of physics, I'll try.
    I play with dead things

Able to move/bend freely while walking. Less chance of injury if you fall. If I owned a holster, I would definitely carry horizontal. Plus aesthetically... it looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Able to move/bend freely while walking. Less chance of injury if you fall. If I owned a holster, I would definitely carry horizontal. Plus aesthetically... it looks much better.
    It's also good for people with fat rolls. The light doesn't stick into the fat. That is not Henry's problem, it's mine. Henry wanted one like this for driving.

I need a break for a day or two from the leather shop. Managed to cut my hand and my foot in the span of .1 seconds. Don't ask... but having opposable halluces does speed up production.
    I play with dead things

Just received another holster Gem from Thors Leather Holsters. It is a front pocket holster that went through quite a bit of testing and development as this is version #3, the winner.

The purpose of the holster is to hold the HDS flash light in the front pocket suspended in a leather "hammock" so that it is easy to draw, easy to re-holster, and does not feel like a roll of quarters deep in the bottom of your pocket. This holster delivers.

Both the vertical and horizontal sides of this holster are a specific length to:
    1. support the flashlight
    2. prevent the holster from coming out of your pocket when drawing the flashlight, and
    3. keep the holster in position so that the light is easily re-holstered.

To further ensure that the holster does not rotate when the flash light is drawn or float away when the flash light is re-holster the leather was turned inside out so the rough side faces the inside pocket.

This holster a winner and highly recommended.

Why did I want this type of holster. Sometimes I do not want to attract unwanted attention when carrying my HDS light in public. The Prometheus clip attracts unwanted attention too. The roll of quarters feeling in the bottom of my pocket is not the solution for me. I am using the holster now. The weight is spread very nicely across the seam on the bottom of my pocket. The holster with a Rotary light in it is hardly noticeable as the wings of the holster are slightly flexible and bend to the shape of your leg.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 07-18-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Add how it feels in the front pocket

Just received another holster Gem from Thors Leather Holsters. It is a front pocket holster that went through quite a bit of testing and development as this is version #3, the winner.

The purpose of the holster is to hold the HDS flash light in the front pocket suspended in a leather "hammock" so that it is easy to draw, easy to re-holster, and does not feel like a roll of quarters deep in the bottom of your pocket. This holster delivers.

Both the vertical and horizontal sides of this holster are a specific length to:
    1. support the flashlight
    2. prevent the holster from coming out of your pocket when drawing the flashlight, and
    3. keep the holster in position so that the light is easily re-holstered.

To further ensure that the holster does not rotate when the flash light is drawn or float away when the flash light is re-holster the leather was turned inside out so the rough side faces the inside pocket.

This holster a winner and highly recommended.

I don't think the photo attached, but I can help with that...

I use https://www.techpowerup.org/upload
    now for uploading and posting pictures. It's free and seems to work pretty well.
    I play with dead things

I don't think the photo attached, but I can help with that...
    I used Dan's recommended server and replaced the image in post #41.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 07-18-2018 at 04:43 PM.

I am looking at my post #41 and see a picture. Is it just me that can see it :-)
    I've been unable to see a bunch of pics for the last few days. I honestly thought it was just Tapatalk acting wonky. This what it looks like on my end.

I use tinypic.com for my pictures. Never had a problem

So, I decided to go with these and sent the images to my stamp maker. The last one is going to take some serious work on his part as generally, images have to be black and white, so he will have to clean up the image a lot and get it appropriate for stamp making.

This one will have a circle around it. Where it is black, will be raised in the leather and the surrounding area will be pressed down. Should look great with a tritium eye. Will be 3 inch diameter.

On this, the black will be imprinted in the leather leaving the white raised. 3 inches tall. Again, I think tritium eyes will look good in this.

The edges of this will fade. When finished, the skulls should have a 3D effect.

I figured it was time for a few more custom stamps and since I had to place an order anyway for a stamp for a large portfolio I'm making for a customer, I might as well add some extras.

I also ordered more tritium vials... every color available...
    I play with dead things

Hogo- How big will the stamp for the bottom one be?
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Hogo- How big will the stamp for the bottom one be?
    I haven't decided yet. I'm going to print it and cut it out. Generally for flashlight holsters, around 3 inches is max, but for pistol holsters... it can be quite a bit larger. To keep it more "universal" I may go with 3 inches tall as well.
    I play with dead things

If it can be wrapped around a standard sized HDS holster, please consider this a pre-order request.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    If it can be wrapped around a standard sized HDS holster, please consider this a pre-order request.
    LOL! Standard open top 1 inch diameter holsters are 3.25 inches wide when the front is cut, and 3 inches tall. With the finger cut outs, it goes 4 inches tall but you lose the upper sides. It's why I'm kind of leaning to the 3 inches tall, which is still a good size on a pistol holster.
    I play with dead things

Anyone know if this style of holster can be made? I like the simplistic design of it. Hogo what do you think?

Default HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Damn Hogo, Iím really liking the look of those dragons. How long does it generally take for the stamps to be made? Time to start saving up my pennies for one with a tritium vial...

PS: How is the tritium vial secured? Is it just in the leather or something?
    Last edited by the0dore3524; 07-19-2018 at 11:19 PM.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Anyone know if this style of holster can be made? I like the simplistic design of it. Hogo what do you think?
    Yes, those can be copied, but you you wouldn't want the bottom just molded as eventually with wear, the leather will soften and light will fall out the bottom... unless that is a tension screw on the bottom... which it may very well be.

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    Damn Hogo, Iím really liking the look of those dragons. How long does it generally take for the stamps to be made? Time to start saving up my pennies for one with a tritium vial...

PS: How is the tritium vial secured? Is it just in the leather or something?
    My stamp maker can take anywhere from a week to years depending on his mood! He's been pretty good lately and is generally a couple weeks. I learned to call and pester him until he makes them just to have me leave him alone.

I first make the hole where the tritium will be seen, then on the back side of the leather I cut a channel so the tritium vial will sit just below flush. It is then glued in and the lining glued over the top of it. There is no way it can fall out and is protected by the leather.

Here you can see a couple vials in the grove cut in the back of the leather. When it is lined, you can't feel the vials as they are below the surface. Only about a small amount of the vial can actually be seen from the front depending on the size hole. the wolf (Fenrir) you could about half the vial from the front, and maybe only 1/5 of the vial in the skull and ravens eyes.

I play with dead things

Idea from nbp...

Inside the pocket deep carry...

I play with dead things

Canít wait to get it Dan! Will be a great way to discretely carry my Rotary.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Canít wait to get it Dan! Will be a great way to discretely carry my Rotary.
    That Deep Pocket Carry idea is great. Terrific way to carry a Rotary in the pocket!
    Last edited by RCS1300; 07-20-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Ordered by a B. Banner, MD. He said he would pick it up in person and called when he got to Tucson, but sounded kind of angry on the phone due to Tucson traffic. Haven't heard from him since. Maybe he got caught up in all that craziness I've been hearing on the news going on downtown.

3.5x25mm tritium vial.

I play with dead things

Thats quite the personalized holster! I hope he picks it up - itís the kind of thing you need the right buyer for.

Idea from nbp...

Inside the pocket deep carry...

OH! thatís nice. Love that color.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast