Thinnest/smallest assisted or automatic knife

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the SlimJim is only thing in the market? Looking for a 3" ish or smaller easy one handed opening flipper.

moltenmag

Enlightened
I owned a Benchmade Lerch for a while. I loved that little snappy knife...

Pic from Benchmade website...

11m3uzb.jpg

adnj

Enlightened
Benchmade Benchmite auto is about two inches and very slim.

808tim

Newly Enlightened
The Benchmade 530 Mel Pardue Design is my favorite lightweight coming in at 1.88 oz. It literally disappears in you pocket. Great little knife to EDC for light to medium duty everyday tasks.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
You might want to look at the Microtech line. Not cheap but very well made and they should still come in both OTF and conventional configurations.

mcm308

Enlightened
I have an old polished chive. It is a good little knife that flips right open. It is buried in a draw, I could sell it.

A buddy of mine has a little Paragon auto with a tanto blade. Its really small and and fires hard! I wanted one so bad but we have never been able to find another. Actually when I seen Lightknots sale thread for those Vero Beach autos he posted here, it immediately reminded me of the Paragon and I started to drool a bit. The handle is real similar to the old paragon. I would recommend one of those. I want one myself but am broke at that moment..

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Anything a hair bigger than the Chive? Something like the Slimjim? I just hear there are reliability issues with that one.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Looks like the SlimJim is only thing in the market? Looking for a 3" ish or smaller easy one handed opening flipper.

Anything a hair bigger than the Chive? Something like the Slimjim? I just hear there are reliability issues with that one.

Anything assisted may have reliability concerns :shrug:

If you can do without that ... ZT0900 ?

framojo

Newly Enlightened
Microtech utx-70. An otf, not an auto so it may not be of interest to you, but worth taking a look. The Benchmade lerch is also very nice.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kershaw Leek. 3" blade, super quick opening with the flipper tab, and the thinnest knife that I have found yet. I also love it because of the tip down carry. When I pull it out of my pocket, my finger is already on the flipper tab.

Joseph08

Newly Enlightened
I would prefer Benchmade-Axis Flipper. An efficient and durable folder you will ever find.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scallion is a bit bigger than the chive. I dig small knives but never anything assisted. There's enough really good small knives that open easily, fast even, that assisted never appealed to me. More stuff to go wrong. My buddy carries a scallion regularly and loves it. I enjoy messing with it when I see him.