Food Processor?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago I bought my brother's daughter a food processor as a wedding gift, I basically walked into Walmart and found what appeared to be a nice food processor and just bought it. At the time I didn't own a food processor and really didn't know much about them but after purchasing the food processor for my brother's daughter I started thinking about some the things I like to eat and how much time it takes to make some of the foods I like and found myself wanting one. So I started searching the web and reading reviews on Amazon and after narrowing the list down I ended up buying the Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor. So far and like many of the reviews I read I am very impressed with the quality of the processor and the speed in which the processor can chop and dice food as wells as blind dips such as guacamole. This weekend I think I will try to make a pizza from scratch, I bought the optional dough blade and have read some interesting pizza recipes so I think I will give it a try.

I know there must be a thousand things a food processor can be used for that I would never think about so I thought I would ask to those of you who use a food processor what you like to make and do you like your processor. Any good recipes you might recommend?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The $40 Ninja Master Prep is pretty amazing for being a cheap store-shelf item; it's on par with the multi-hundred dollar blenders in that you can put ice cubes in it and it'll make snow. Particularly awesome to throw some Oreos in there and watch it make granular "soil" that is perfectly consistent, for cakes and ice cream..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I bought a Ninja when I had some teeth cut out and had stitches. It was freaking my family out to see me eat a bologne sandwich with a spoon.
Frito powder, cheerios powder, cheeseburger, you name it. It ate what they ate until the wounds healed.

This summer I got dehydrated at work so now I'm using it to make gatorade slurpees. The icee beverage soaks in more efficiently than gulping liquids and you drink it slow or otherwise..... AUUUUUUGH! BRAIN FREEZE!!!
Some electrolite beverage, some ice, a bit of fruit juice to add a bit of my own special taste...

I looked at Cuisinart stuff back when but figured it would only be used a few times and went for the Ninja.

But yeah, a processor rules.