Klarus        
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #21

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #21

Lol, please no more special runs for a bit

Thanks for the additional info ... very interesting indeed (as I had surmised)
    ... is the archimedes peak

I don't think Hogo is doing any special runs per se, but it also sounds like he might have more surprises befor the end of the year. We do know there will be limited diffuse reflectors, but if you don't want any of those, you should be safe...unless he releases the next emitter for regular aluminum runs

Anyone up for an unobtanium HDS?

This is it for special material runs for the year, and probably for the next couple of years at least.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

If you ordered a brass, so far, you have one. They haven't sold out yet.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Anyone up for an unobtanium HDS? ....
    Adamantium next.

Or mithril, your choice ....

Enlightened

Gah!

This is it for special material runs for the year, and probably for the next couple of years at least.
    Whew....

We've had the bronze, so silver next and two years to save up lol

I need a platinum HDS.

The suspense is killing us....Spit it out already

One more to cover the next couple years sounds like a great plan...or just wait another yr or two until 2.19 comes or you plan to offer clicky/Exec only

Platinum HDS would be killer, good thinking Jkolmo

I guess there was less interest in the Brass, if there are still lights after 12-15min
    Last edited by INFRNL; 09-14-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Good. These special metal runs were Sugar Ray and my wallet was Roberto Duran...”no mas, no mas...”
    Where I live, there’s not much to look forward to in January and February (unless you’re one of those sicko “winter sports enthusiast”) so the at least I’ll have these lights to anticipate.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Saw some discussion recently of a "new ultra-wear-resistant metal alloy" ... yep, 90% Pt - Au 10%

Did i have a stupid moment and misread what hogo said.

I took it as he had one more unobtanium up his sleeve
    Or was it supposed to be that the brass run is the last for the next couple of years?

I think we should wait for the new changes...rotary/clicky are interchangeable and 2.19 with the updated elf...then do clicky only special runs for those that didn't participate in these recent runs because they were rotary only
    Last edited by INFRNL; 09-14-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    Did i have a stupid moment and misread what hogo said.

I took it as he had one more unobtanium up his sleeve
    Or was it supposed to be that the brass run is the last for the next couple of years?
    Yep. I think you read it wrong. No more special material runs for a heck of a long time.

If you ordered brass, you don't have to worry about your notification. 21 sold so far, so half of what is available. We will leave them up until Monday September 17th, then what is remaining will be pulled until after the presale one's ship... with a price hike and most likely without all the emitter choices.

Thanks for the clarification and making it all happen...much appreciated as usual

I understand the reasons, but I wonder if the numbers of bronze and brass had been flipped, they would've all sold through completely ....

I think the run maybe needed to be split 50/50. I think only 5 orders of the bronze got refunded.
    There was initially enough interest in the Brass to account for all 42 but things change. I'm thinking several more if not the rest will sell this weekend when people have the time. Another thing is people just don't have the money laying around for several special runs in a row. Maybe if there was only 1 run per month, or every other month. But we also know the machining all has to be done at the same time.

I guess we can always speculate but can't really always have the right answer. They will eventually sell if they do not sell this weekend

I think the run maybe needed to be split 50/50. I think only 5 orders of the bronze got refunded.
    There was initially enough interest in the Brass to account for all 42 but things change. I'm thinking several more if not the rest will sell this weekend when people have the time. Another thing is people just don't have the money laying around for several special runs in a row. Maybe if there was only 1 run per month, or every other month. But we also know the machining all has to be done at the same time.

I guess we can always speculate but can't really always have the right answer. They will eventually sell if they do not sell this weekend
    i initially said in the brass interest thread that I wanted one but once the bronze became a reality plans changed. I’d still love to own a brass but can’t do both so close to each other in timing.

Yeah, 2 lights in 2 weeks is definitely tough. sometimes just buying one is tough

We aren't worried.
    If you look at the group buys I did... there invariably were always two for the same thing. The first one, then another after the first one shipped and a bunch of other folks decided they needed to have it as well. There will be folks who didn't know this even happened for a few months.
    Personally, I think it is good they didn't all sell out in 104 seconds. There is still the weekend, then they get pulled and put back up later, but more expensive.

Well, I would have taken a bronze one (missed it), but brass isn't for me...
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

We aren't worried.
    If you look at the group buys I did... there invariably were always two for the same thing. The first one, then another after the first one shipped and a bunch of other folks decided they needed to have it as well. There will be folks who didn't know this even happened for a few months.
    Personally, I think it is good they didn't all sell out in 104 seconds. There is still the weekend, then they get pulled and put back up later, but more expensive.
    Yeah, probably felt like a vacation day today...not 100mph like the previous run(s)

I also, agree that it is also good; especially for those that have not checked in for a while. There are probably many members that have missed out on some of the greatness you have provided recently

Got my first modern clicky today. I am loving this thing. It’s a 3 o’clock, which makes it the coolest emitter I own.
    I do find the knurling to be a bit slippery, and not quite as “grippy” as the U60 I owned. Has the knurling pattern changed over the years? Is every light different? Or is the knurling generally the same on every modern HDS model?

The knurling will vary from time to time. It isn't supposed to, but it does. No two machinists have ever managed to do it the same, even though the drawings for it have not changed.

The knurling will vary from time to time. It isn't supposed to, but it does. No two machinists have ever managed to do it the same, even though the drawings for it have not changed.
    Thanks for the info!

Well for me it has been too much of a good thing in a short time. As much as I desired a brass HDS, my money priorities got a wake up call recently and I will have to make do with just the Titanium. Really sad about it, but life caught up with me.

ok ModernFlame...just for you buddy...nice and boring family photo

From Left to Right:
    2700k 219c Rotary
    3000k 219c Rotary
    3500k 219c 18650 Rotary
    3900k Cree
    4000k 219b R9050 18650 Rotary
    4000k 219c 18650 Rotary
    4500k 219b R9080 Executive
    5000k 219c 18650 Executive (3 O'Clock)
    5000k 219c Rotary (3 O'Clock)
    5700k 219c Rotary (High Noon)
    Front center is my Legacy 140 Executive with Seoul P4

Awaiting production:
    4500k R9080 Titanium
    High Noon Titanium (looking for new home)

3500k R9080 Bronze (one of these looking for new home)
    4000k R9080 Bronze

3500k R9080 Brass
    4000k R9080 Brass (Opposite of Bronze rehoming looking for new home)

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    Well for me it has been too much of a good thing in a short time. As much as I desired a brass HDS, my money priorities got a wake up call recently and I will have to make do with just the Titanium. Really sad about it, but life caught up with me.
    Well, after the one's from the presale ship... whatever is left will then go up for sale... so there is time. I looked for you in the orders and wondered what happened. These all did come rather close together. If we do it again in the next decade, we will try to space them apart better.

ok ModernFlame...just for you buddy...nice and boring family photo...
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

@INFRNL ... since you've got multiples of 18650 and 16340, what is your preference and why ?

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast