Jetbeam        
Page 1 of 45 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #21

Default HDS Systems EDC #21

Continued from number #20 HERE...

I found a new superpower...

Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 07-20-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #21

2nd! The HDS thread has been moving rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    2nd! The HDS thread has been moving rapidly.
    Since February 10 until July 20 (5 months and 10 days) there were nearly 3000 posts... nearly 19 posts a day.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Awww yeah! It's a good time to be an HDS fan.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

These threads are just cruising along.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Letís GOO!! Getting it done guys...

Turning 21 is fun!

A great time is right! New materials, LEDís and guys behind the light that truly listen to the people! I was out last night with the dog just tooling around with my 35k Rotary and thinking what a marvel these lights are and how fortunate I am to be able to have them. I canít think of many other pieces of hardware that bring out those kings of thoughts...most times when I shell out this kind of cash, I regret it. Not so with HDS.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Just like Ralph Hinkley, my super suite didn't come with a manual and I am trying to figure it out... Getting some of it down though...
    I'm going to try flying next... Hold my rum... watch this!

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I do believe that Peter was referring to the Hound Dog flashlight from Malkoff. As others have said many times before, the HDS is truly sufficient for 99% of my lighting needs. The Hound Dog is for the other 1%.
    It's a bit tricky to quote from locked topics.

I don't want to carry two lights, especially for when I want to walk my dog at night. I just want one light that can cover most situations and the HDS Rotary fits that. There are plenty of smaller, brighter, cheaper flashlights that can be carried instead. My zebralight sc600w mk3 hi spoiled me HARD for what amount of light to expect from a pocket sized light.

One more week to shipping

New Poll created! Which new product would you rather see from HDS Systems first? Go vote now

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-HDS-Keychain

Already voted. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    .... is that a rule around here? Mentioning the striped horse lights comes with a 1 week shipping penalty?
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 07-20-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: CPF is a family forum. Expletive removed.

Quote Originally Posted by toads View Post
    .... is that a rule around here? Mentioning the striped horse lights comes with a 1 week shipping penalty?
    Just Excited. & the guys on the truck forum donít care.
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 07-20-2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Expletive removed from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    Remember I'm going to off from the 23ed until the 10th and nothing will get shipped during that time.

Sorry.

(I just heard agonizing screams from across the country.)

Default HDS Systems EDC #21

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Remember I'm going to off from the 23ed until the 10th and nothing will get shipped during that time.

Sorry.

Booo, have a great time (if applicable)

Thatís puts in at my place around my birthday

Sorry.

Does that mean that Aluminum lights ordered on Friday, July 6th will not be shipped within three weeks? Reason I ask is that I need to make travel plans.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Does that mean that Aluminum lights ordered on Friday, July 6th will not be shipped within three weeks? Reason I ask is that I need to make travel plans.
    Correct. We tried hard to get them out, but they are going to have to wait until I get back and they should be the first things out the door.

Just like Ralph Hinkley, my super suite didn't come with a manual and I am trying to figure it out... Getting some of it down though...
    I'm going to try flying next... Hold my rum... watch this!
    Being able to post in locked threads is like the most fun superpower - it's all downhill from here bro. LOL

Flashaholic

Can you guys help me with a problem?

My executive EDC flush button seems to be stuck in some SOS flashing mode. When I installed a new battery the light came on immediately, it was bright for 10 seconds or so, then it completely turned off. Then it went into this flashing mode that looks like SOS. The only way I can stop it is to unscrew the battery compartment. When I screw it back together the whole process repeats. What is wrong with this light?

Flashaholic

Hey guys I think I figured it out. I swapped to another battery and it kept stepping down when I went to high but that battery was showing close to a full charge. I went to a third battery and it seems to be working fine now. That first battery, when I put it on the charger Showed 3.7 so Iím guessing that was the problem. But that second battery I tried was showing 4.0V, but the flashlight was still stepping down when I tried to hold it on high. That second battery was a Nitecore 16340 650maH. Now Iím running Keeppower 16340 700maH and itís fine.

HDS recommend that you only put fully charged cells into your light. If you put spent cells in, the light assumes that you have primaries in and needs to be reset so that it cuts off at sensible voltage to protect your li-ions. Unscrew the head while the light is on and replace. The light will show a dim light for about 10 secs and then switch off. You should also do this when changing from Li-ions to primaries.
    The first two cells you used were flat, if one showed 3.7v on the charger, it's voltage onder load would be lees than that, same goes for the 4v one. Also, most charger voltage measurements are higher than they really are due to the voltage being applied by the chatger. The only way to get a sensible measurement is to use a meter.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    HDS recommend that you only put fully charged cells into your light.
    This is really just good advice for flashlights, period. Any light with a wide enough operating voltage range probably contains some sort of logic that attempts to determine if the cell inserted is a li-ion rechargeable (that needs to be kept above a certain voltage always) or a primary cell that will be trashed after use. Don't confuse your elves people! Only feed them fully charged cells.

Flashaholic

Never mind. Iím back to square one, this light is seriously fried. Itís doing it again, with fully charged batteries of multiple different brands. I canít get it to do a factory reset, I canít get it to do anything other than light up for 10 seconds or so then it goes off then it goes into this strange SOS mode, and the light is completely unusable, doesnít respond to any of my clicks.

I had somebody else check out battery it was not below 3.7 V. I always have fresh batteries for this light, I have at least 8 available 16340 lights from keeppower that I constantly rotate, the light always has a relatively fresh battery. Something else is wrong here. Let me add that this happened after I dropped the light from about 2 feet.

When th cells come off my XTAR charger they are all at 4.2 or 4.3 V.
    Last edited by Taxman; 07-21-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Flashaholic

I just noticed something else. When I install a new battery as soon as I start twisting the head on to the body the light comes on but when I finally get to the last portion of the threads and I cinch the head to the body the light gets slightly brighter. Does that mean anything?

Clean the contacts and threads. If the light continues to misbehave, contact HDS and send it in under warranty and we will take care of it.

Flashaholic

Clean the contacts and threads. If the light continues to misbehave, contact HDS and send it in under warranty and we will take care of it.
    Great advice sir. When you say contacts does that mean any of the surfaces inside the head, or just the threads and leading edge of the body? I can see a faint ring of silicone inside the head.

Flashaholic

The threads were dirty, but nothing out rages. I cleaned them and then when I put the light back together it stays constant on low, and the buttons have no effect.

Iíll reach out to you guys sometime next week, thanks for your support.

Flashaholic

The light seems to work with some functions if I donít turn their head all the way down to the body. I think something came loose when I dropped it. Iíll quit hogging up the forum, just wanted to leave that one last comment. 😀. I mean it is my all-time favorite light you know. 😁

Page 1 of 45 1234567811 ... LastLast