Jetbeam        
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems EDC #21

Default Re: HDS Systems EDC #21

Good morning HDS fans. Just realized that the TI Clicky has a 170 GD emitter. One of my absolute fave emitter for throw. Just posted a WTB for one. Anyone know how many of these are made?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Good morning HDS fans. Just realized that the TI Clicky has a 170 GD emitter. One of my absolute fave emitter for throw. Just posted a WTB for one. Anyone know how many of these are made?
    Here you will find all answers, even an outdated list of owners who signed up there:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-Serial-Number

From what I know not 100 TI Clickys were made, I have something with 80 in my mind.
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 09-13-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Looks like my Rotary 250 Tac might have parasitic drain. Fired off a quick e-mail to to ask about it this morning, and had a reply from Henry within a couple of hours saying to send it in.

*This* is a huge reason why I like supporting small mom 'n' pop businesses -- awesome customer service. Thanks Henry and Hogo for all that you do!

this place has been dead lately...except on the big days like tomorrow. Seems like the entire form has been kind of dead. just a few new posts here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Total of 80 made.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    this place has been dead lately...except on the big days like tomorrow. Seems like the entire form has been kind of dead. just a few new posts here and there.
    It's been quiet. People are practicing checking out.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Total of 80 made.
    Were they all 170's ? Any prototypes that weren't part of that run ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Were they all 170's ? Any prototypes that weren't part of that run ?
    I believe they were all 170 but will have to check with Henry to be sure. No prototypes. Thee may have been some at 200, but again, I'll have to check with Henry.
    We just did an emitter upgrade to one with a calibration and software upgrade.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 09-13-2018 at 06:28 PM.

I believe they were all 170 but will have to check with Henry to be sure. No prototypes. Thee may have been some at 200, but again, I'll have to check with Henry.
    We just did an emitter upgrade to one with a calibration and software upgrade.
    I'm curious to know any details about any Ti-200 builds.

I know you don't like PM's, but feel free to message me, if you like

We want to know too
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

I'll be at HDS tomorrow so will ask Henry and post what he tells me.

Great, thanks !

Default HDS Systems EDC #21

Gotta show off a little bit. My HDS rotary 4000k hicri with full diffuse reflector!

Last edited by Bigburly912; 09-13-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

well isn't that kind of you

Might have to do as another member did and make one or hope HDS can come close to replicating it along their process of the diffuse reflectors

Thanks for sharing though, always nice to see

Yeah, the full diffuse reflector is nice! Could not live without them

Only wish I could practice my check out skills and overseas internet connection enough to be able to score in one of these recent very limited reflector runs...

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    It has been quiet, but I think there is more traffic in the HDS basement than the rest of the forum combined. Hogo's got everyone playing with new toys or dreaming about Christmas.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Ya I miss the good old days when we were all doing runtime tests looking to find TI bezels and the such somewhere alone the way hds lights have become a collectors piece.the hardcore foundation is still there but we seem to be more interested in tint over runtime, looks over usefulness.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Hey, it's also because back in the day we were taking what we were given, tint wise The tint lottery was strong (except for the GT models), and it was always finger crossing after each buy...and boy, the wait was long sometimes!
    I should try beamshots of the Hi CRI 100 !
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

Default HDS Systems EDC #21

Ahh to me these fill a niche that Iím very interested in..... they arenít cheap junk. At one point i owned close to 100 lights. Several let me down in different scenarios. I donít think these will.
    Last edited by Bigburly912; 09-14-2018 at 07:17 AM.

They truly are one of if not the best out there.no matter where I go I have an HDS with me. Itís a comfort thing I think. I use the crap out of my 140 and itís crazy how it actually outperforms my 1865 loaded m60 in many ways
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Well, he again fell to the floor of ceramic tiles from high 1.5 m..
    All is normal and I again became convinced that this floor is most unfriendly to lanterns,
    more than concrete and cast-iron plates

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Ya I miss the good old days when we were all doing runtime tests looking to find TI bezels and the such somewhere alone the way hds lights have become a collectors piece.the hardcore foundation is still there but we seem to be more interested in tint over runtime, looks over usefulness.
    Some HDS lights have always been collectors pieces... but that didn't change the ruggedness or utility of the light. Tint has always been "a thing" and the tint lottery was quite real, not just in HDS but any LED light. HDS now is just more active listening to what folks want. The roots of the light won't change... will always have to be "the light that gets you home" no matter what kind of abuse is dished out to it.

100 percent right on that.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Great, thanks !
    Found the post and showed Henry. First, Chiharu is a good friend of Henry's. They speak on the phone often and he is very reputable. That light could very well indeed be a 200 lumen and is as rare as he states. Would need to see the color ring inside the head to know for sure. Purple is 170 and red is 200. Also the bezel may indeed be correct as well as there were several extra titanium bezels made with higher serial numbers.

It's legit.

Hogo

Found the post and showed Henry. First, Chiharu is a good friend of Henry's. They speak on the phone often and he is very reputable. That light could very well indeed be a 200 lumen and is as rare as he states. Would need to see the color ring inside the head to know for sure. Purple is 170 and red is 200. Also the bezel may indeed be correct as well as there were several extra titanium bezels made with higher serial numbers.

It's legit.

Hogo

Can it be upgraded to 2.18 version software?

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Can it be upgraded to 2.18 version software?
    It can even be upgraded to the current electronics:

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/TiClickyUpgrade/

It can even be upgraded to the current electronics:

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/TiClickyUpgrade/
    Wow. That would be awesome. The seller decided not to sell.

Where is everyone?
    "It's not rocket surgery"

We are all broke

Definitely broke now

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132 LastLast