Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
Calling CPF\'ers in Singapore...

Please sign in here.

State your:

CPF handle:
Name:
Degree of flashaholism:

The aim of this is to, hopefully, provide for shared purchases, and general sharing of expertise. Since this is a general thread, I suppose we can discuss group buys (or is there another forum for that?) and suggest the odd get-together.

Participation is strictly voluntary, of course.

CPF'ers in Malaysia, you're not included for now as you probably won't directly benefit from a group buy.
But feel free to sign in here.

Thanks.

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
Re: Calling CPF\'ers in Singapore...

CPF handle: Canuckle
Name: Roland
What you do for a living: IT professional
Degree of flashaholism: Newbie with 2 Arc lights.

pc_light

Enlightened

Canuckle

We must be twins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif, ditto for ALL my info except the name of course - "Paul".

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened

CPF handle: CaseyTan
Name: Casey Tan
What you do for a living: Support Engineer
Degree of flashaholism: loves flashlights since young
Now Owns : ArcAAA-P, ArcAAA, SF e2e, Inova X5T-HA, CMG Infinity Ultra-G, Cateye EL400, Energizer Double Barrel.. etc

dandruff

Enlightened

CPF handle: dandruff
Name: jon chan
What you do for a living: waiting for NS
Degree of flashaholism: very interested but no money haha. Surefire E2e, 2AA Minimag, PT Pulsar 2 thats all

phyhsuts

Enlightened

CPF handle: phyhsuts
Name: Hsu Tar Su
What you do for a living: Lecturing (NUS)
Degree of flashaholism: Maxabeam, Lightforce SL240, Streamlight Ultrastinger, Stinger HP ...... (you don't really want to know too much!)

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

CPF handle: Nerd
Name: Dominic Ang
Age: 20 this year, at Dec 13, long long way to go.. lol!
What you do for a living: Service my liability to my country
Degree of flashaholism:

Inova X-1 (Used to be a Arc AAA, but hey, I toy with lights, so I got the inova as a spot light), Arc LSH-P modded to 700ma (sold this one for a Surefire E2E for my mum), and you guess it, SF E2E (She says it's too bright and too small! You can't please everybody... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif) PT Surge, PT Rage, Mag 2C with a LD LS striped of it's phosphor (I toy with lights remember? ;p) Pelican M6, Brandless 2D light which has a 5 cell maglite bulb in it waiting for 3toD adapters to arrive from US, courtesy of Roth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks ROTH!)

And as for phyhsnuts, it's true that you don't really want to know too much (about him that is), when you have seen his maxabeam and his Lightforce SL240 side by side in person, you'll simply melt right in front of him, god knows what other multi giga watt lighting solutions he has... Maybe the 5K watt HID that was posted some time back that had a throw of 8 miles? You'll never know.. .and you most probably wont want to know for when you look at your "once great" lights, you'll feel really sad.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

*edit* I just found it, look over here: Space Cannon Ramses 5

Am I off topic yet? Next! Now.. where's Lucien... and hotfoot... and spidey82, Deviant, Nihraguk, Steel wolf, Spitfire, Destroid Monster, Benedict, Dragon, Jedi Light, FBA, SteveY, lhz.

Yes, I keep a list, that's probably not very up to date now... no, please don't be afraid, I'm not a stalker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened

CPF handle:s2k
Name:Fu Fan Patrick
What you do for a living: Student...
Degree of flashaholism: Start buying lights in 2003, start selling them in 2004, current owing an LSL-P and surefire L4, lost an LSH-S and ARC AAA before... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As many of you asked:

From Feb 2004, I started buying lights and batteries from ARC LLC and Batterystation and resell them. (Most to China, but now seems can do some local market, hee hee).

For local friends, I'll sell them in a fair price. For ARC4s, I'll get you the same price if you buy in US, I'll cover the GST for you too.

For Pelican lights, the local price is not confirmed yet, it could be S$98 for a PM6-LED ONLY IF post office does not charge me GST, they did not charge for my last order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That's the same price if buy one directly from Batterystation plus shipping(they do not offer discounts even I buy a lot). But you can come, see, play and choose before you buy, no need for wait 1 week for USPS Priority mail too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For CR123 cells, I'm going to sell them for S$2.5 each, the cost is there and you can see it's a pretty low price already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll inform everyone when the lights and batteries arrive.

FYI: if anyone want to gather a group buy, BEWARE THE GST . Fedex will send the consignee a tax bill a week later AFTER the package arrived and will charge a $10 "Advancement Fee" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

Cyberkinetic

Newly Enlightened

CPF handle: Cyberkinetic
Name: Alex
What you do for a living: IT service/delivery
Degree of flashaholism: All i wanted was "a" torchlight
Arc LSH-ST, Arc AAA, generic keychain LED, soon-to-arrive CMG Ultra-G and thinking of UK 4AA eLED... gosh.. will it ever end?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Nikonian_Foo

Newly Enlightened

CPF handle: Nikonian Foo
Name: Zi Yi
What you do for a living: IT Staff
Degree of flashaholism: I started with a keychain LED light,then CMG Reactor,FT-3C because I have lotsa unused C batteries at home. Granny found two Eveready 2C's downstairs. So they're mine now. I'm thinking of batterystation's Sabrelite LED, but papa is not happy...So I stole his maglite 2AAA. I also got the "police" torchlight in singapore for S$10.00...Wanted to mod, but when I think I have to buy more stuff, sianz.

Lucien

Enlightened

Well duh! Looks like I gone and posted in the wrong thread! Wonder how that happened...

Say s2k, what was that about GST on group buys? Only FedEx, or some customs stuff? So far I've never received any sort of tax bill, but then again haven't made any huge purchases...

And you wouldn't actually be driving a s2k would you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any interest in Klaus's Lux3s? I'm getting a few already...

s2k

Newly Enlightened

if the order is small, say less than $200, it should be OK.

but I'm buying a lot, each package will worth 1.5 to 2k, so....

Fedex sends ALL declare forms to custom, so EVEY order over a certain amount will be charged...

Post office is better, they woun't charge you unless they really want, its somewhat depend on luck. But in most cases they woun't.

I got my ARC stuffs on Saturday morning, 5 arc4s were shipped to China already. Still have 1 Premium and 2 seconds here, and I believe they'll be ordered within next week. If anyone wants to see or try them, please sms me @ 90703510.

I also have LS tailswitches, arc4 screws and O-rings, I can offer these to those who need one for replacement, for FREE.

I have C-123 pouches, P-123 tailcaps, ARC4 T-shirt here as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dandruff

Enlightened

hey s2k

im interested in getting an arc aaa. u selling any?

Lucien

Enlightened

Just FYI everyone,

Nerd's asking if there's any interest in organising a local gathering. You can check out the thread in the Get Togethers forum.

Making this post as I doubt any of us visit that on any regular basis... Hope its ok with the Mods...

It'll probably be a good opportunity to talk shop and show off our stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kobane

Newly Enlightened

hi guys,

din know such a thread exist until i clicked on the "latest threads" at the top and came across this "Re: Calling CPF'ers in Singapore..." heading. have been only visiting the BST most of the time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

just got myself a madmax Q2 wide open for my minimag, and a CMG infinity ultra. great lights for starters like me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hoping to get a ARC LSH... my so-called "dream light" since i saw it. just hoping i have the dough to get one. chamenos was very kind enough to tell me that there was a recent offer to get it at a lower price, and he don't mind sharing the shipping fee with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif hope i can share that "fortune" with him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
daryl

FAI@555

Newly Enlightened

CPF handle: FAI@555
Name: Andy Ng
What you do for a living: Handphone technician
Degree of flashaholism: buying all sorts of flashlights for past few years,and just can't stop buying.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
f96742bd.jpg

just bought a ARC4 2nds and loving it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened

bump!

Hi guys, for your information, ICA charged me GST for my last batch of pelican m6-leds, the package costed about US$500. I asked the officer about this when i was collecting the package, he told me that ANY THING OVER S$400 WILL BE CHARGED.

however it still depends on luck, customs woun't check every package. they'll pick some everyday, so if yours is picked, you get the bill.

p.s. I'll have a batch of Surefire SF123A batteries coming in a few weeks, will let them go for $3 each.

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
kobane said:

just got myself a madmax Q2 wide open for my minimag,...

thanx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
daryl

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Daryl,

How much of a modder are you? Are you thinking of modding the LS when you get it?

I'm looking for a hand to hold mine (figuratively, of course) when I get around to one/all of the following on my LSH':

1) swap with a 1W from a better bin
2) swap with a 3W and a resistor mod
3) swap with a 1W from a better bin and a resistor mod

- probably also replacing the NX05 with a Fraen on one of the lucky lights.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.