HDS Systems Poll: HDS Headlamp or HDS Keychain?

HDS Headlamp or HDS Keychain?

• HDS Headlamp

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • HDS Keychain

Votes: 35 52.2%

• Total voters

moltenmag

Enlightened
What new product would you like to see next from HDS Systems? An HDS headlamp or HDS keychain light? Vote now in the poll above (web view on CPF app) and tell me why down below!

r6zkoj.jpg

Last edited:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'll be the first voice of dissent here I guess :D

I don't do keychain carry. Doesn't interest me really. So headlamp!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You know I could never figure out why Henry "a caver" has concentrated on flashlights instead of headlamps. The preferred choice for people that do that kind of stuff. Oh I'm glad he did but I guess that means he is happy with what's already out there.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know I could never figure out why Henry "a caver" has concentrated on flashlights instead of headlamps. The preferred choice for people that do that kind of stuff. Oh I'm glad he did but I guess that means he is happy with what's already out there.

He uses 2 HDS lights attached to his helmet! LOL!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A headlamp that can be used as a keychain light. [emoji6]

Edit: But not the other way around.

Darn it! I'll call Henry. Back to the drawing board.

OK. For a keychain light, I was thinking either AAA or CR2, but I don't think folks like CR2 so much. I know David at 4 Sevens had a hard time moving CR2 based lights.

Now, don't tell anyone, but I really like the Olight S-mini... in titanium, of course. Do you think that size is too big even if it can use a CR123?

moltenmag

Enlightened
Darn it! I'll call Henry. Back to the drawing board.

OK. For a keychain light, I was thinking either AAA or CR2, but I don't think folks like CR2 so much. I know David at 4 Sevens had a hard time moving CR2 based lights.

Now, don't tell anyone, but I really like the Olight S-mini... in titanium, of course. Do you think that size is too big even if it can use a CR123?

My Aeon MkII runs CR2. It's been on the same battery ever since I got it. I would think that a CR2 HDS would be even more efficient. I'm positive that you would sell more of AAA though because of availability. Maybe you could base it off of CR2 first and then add an AAA tube after? Would that be possible? Pics of my Aeon MkII below :D

23t58xi.jpg

22tg7.jpg

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't cross the beams, I know ... but I would like either an HDS 1xAA or a Malkoff 1xAAA, whichever arrives first (lol)

+1 for 1xAA HDS (rotary). And I don't think HDS is ever gonna compete in compactness, so the HDS keychain idea looks kind of awkward to me

indigon

Enlightened
This has been discussed at length. Alkaline batteries eventually leak. The only advantage is availability in remote areas.

Did I mention they leak? CR2's are also a PIA.

archimedes

Flashaholic
This has been discussed at length. Alkaline batteries eventually leak. The only advantage is availability in remote areas.

Did I mention they leak? CR2's are also a PIA.

Yep, I don't use alkaline for anything. Lithium and 'loops only.

CR2 are my favorite compact cell, though.