• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: Sputtered MagC/D Reflectors

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
EDIT 5/19: CLOSED for now until I finish all existing requests. thx

This is a feeler to see how many are interested in MagC/D sputtered reflectors. The cams will be cut off for Luxeon mods.

Not a PMR but is the next best thing. A PMR is a PMR. Although I too have PMRs awaiting on order, I sometimes prefer these over PMRs. MagC/D reflectors are "deeper" so they will throw just a bit farther in my experiences. These are perfect for those who missed out on the PMR run or didn't want to pay $25 (well worth it!) for one.

EDIT-3/21: There is an issue with Mag Cs using HotLips-Cs and PMRs where tight focus cannot be achieved as stated here. The Mag C's head requires some machining in order to get tight focus with a PMR. These sputtered reflectors are a great alternative. More details can be found here.

I don't recommend these for high power incan. mods or anything that will expose the reflector to extreme heat. I'm not responsible for damage to the sputtering/paint caused by heat.

The set (final) price will be $7ea. shipped.[/i]
Price includes shipping to US only, most international countries will be $1 extra. All international orders must add 1% to there total for Paypal currency exchange fee unless paying by mail.

------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="blue">Payment Info:</font>

EDIT-3/21: Now accepting payments for Group1 only.
EDIT-4/25 (hey my b-day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif): Now accepting payments for Group2 only.
<font color="red">EDIT-7/14 (wow, it's been a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif): Now accepting payments for Group3 only</font>

Paypal Cash or Balance Transfers:
·please send ($7 x quantity of reflectors ordered) to d_zero4(at)yahoo(dot)com

Paypal Credit Card Payments:
·please send ($7.52 for 1, $14.73 for 2, $21.94 for 3, $28.85 for 4, $36.36 for 5, $43.56 for 6) to f_zero4(at)yahoo(dot)com

International Orders using Paypal Cash or Balance Transfers (addtn'l $1 for shipping & 1% currency exchange fee):
·please send ($8.08 for 1, $15.15 for 2, $22.22 for 3, $29.29 for 4, $36.36 for 5, $43.43 for 6) to d_zero4(at)yahoo(dot)com.

International Orders using Paypal Credit Card Payments (addtn'l $1 for shipping, 2.9%+$.30 credit card fee, & 1% currency exchange fee):
·please send ($8.64 for 1, $15.92 for 2, $23.20 for 3, $30.49 for 4, $37.77 for 5, $45.06 for 6) to f_zero4(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Payment by Mail:
·please contact me for mailing info.

The list will be updated accordingly for payments received. Please do not send payment unless your group is called on. I do make exceptions if you need to pay early but I prefer not to take any payments until called for. Any payments received from those who are not on the list or not approved by me first will be refunded. That is considered "line cutting" and wouldn't be fair to others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Thank you for understanding.

------------------------------------------------------------

I will be doing about 15-20 of them after I finish my MagAA reflectors but will do more if there's enough interest. I don't want to bite more than I can chew at one time. If there is a big demand for these I will do these in batches of 20-30 so I don't get overworked.

Please post here if interested and the quantity you desire.
(Mag C & D reflectors are same part)

magcd_reflectors.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS/Feeler: Sputtered MagC/D Reflectors

I would order Three (3) D and One (1) C reflectors.

Thanks,
Tim

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

2 D's for me Will!
PM on its way.
Thanks.

rookie

Enlightened

I'll take 2 (D) please.

Thanx,

maddog

Enlightened

1 D for me please

cy

Flashaholic

1 C please

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Isn't that a little heavy on the paint?

And C and D reflectors are exactly the same I believe...So if you want 1 C and 1 D they are exactly the same thing...

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

[ QUOTE ]
Justintoxicated said:
Isn't that a little heavy on the paint?

And C and D reflectors are exactly the same I believe...So if you want 1 C and 1 D they are exactly the same thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, C & D reflectors are the same, both use p/n 108-036. Thank you for making that clear.

Heavy on the paint/sputtering? No, not in my opinion. I've sputtered many reflectors now and have tried many different variations of how much "texture" is simulated. I'm happy with the amount and style of sputtering that I perform now. I've learned that sputtering is an art (as someone said) and you can get many different results depending on how you spray it. Of course it is your own personal preference on how much "texture" you like or need. The more "texture", the more it diffuses/cleans the artifacts out with the cost of throw.

Please compare some well known stochastic reflectors with how much mine are sputtered:

SureFire (which are "textured" more than mine):
surefire_stochastics.jpg

SL Stinger and PM6:
stinger-pm6_stochastics.jpg

If I sputter very lightly I don't get as good of results like the way I do it now, which by the way isn't very thick at all. I'll lose brightness since "my" light sputtering will block out the reflectors shiny surface a bit. Maybe I just haven't found out how to get good results when sputtering very lightly.

Notice how much more reflective my current method is compared to "my" lightly sputtered one?:
sputter_stages_top.jpg

The amount of "texture seen" also depends on the angle your viewing it at.

The same reflector that is pictured in my initial post (taken when I first built my Mag3C TV0K DD mod):
sputter_top.jpg

Now believe it or not, the very same reflector seen at an angle:
sputter_angle.jpg

(SureFires still look pretty much the same when viewed at an angle. Their stochastic reflectors seem very "heavy" but I'm not a reflector expert so I can't really comment)

I know I went to a great deal just to get my point across but I just wanted to let others know that I actually sputter the way I do for a reason. I've sputtered a great deal of reflectors now and I do consider myself pretty good at it now, I guess (???). I don't think it's heavy at all and is perfect. But again this is my preference.

And last something that I must say is that I can't thank Lambda enough for his great discovery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I love the results of sputtering!

Thanks

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

[ QUOTE ]
darkgear.com said:
Do you have to cut off the cam? Can I get 1C without the cam and 2D WITH the cam?

Best regards,
Randy

[/ QUOTE ]

Randy, no problem. I got you down for one with the cam and one camless.

Thanks