The 4Sevens lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just learned the real reason for 4Sevens Closing. I haven't bought a light from him in years nor was I a particularly huge fan but here are the publically accessible facts of the case, readers may draw their own conclusions:

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2...trict-court/surefire-llc-v-4sevens-llc-et-al/

REPORT of Patent and Trademark Closing, regarding patent and/or trademark number(s) US RE40,125 E, US 7,722,209 B2, re 29 Notice (Other). cc:USPTO (ag) (Entered: 10/10/2013)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more post etc and you're at 5000. Make it a good one!

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I claim to know much about law, so I have very little idea on what's going on or what the information on the site tells me. The only thing that I can say that I understood is that SureFire sued 4Sevens and there was a counter suit from 4Sevens and Olight against SureFire.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think SF suit against 4Sevens is pretty common knowledge here. They continued to produce lights for quite some time after that incident. I don't know that anyone can definitively state that as the reason they closed, although it likely didn't help. I suspect this would be a short lived thread as it will undoubtedly lead to rampant speculation and hearsay. As the links are posted for anyone who wishes to take a look, we may as well end this now.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok guys, it was a reference to something Sheldon said in an episode of The Big Bang Theory. It was meant to be funny. I would not actually harm a kitten, obviously. It means the same thing as "to strangle an idea at birth", to end it before it came to fruition. We can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.