The 4Sevens lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just learned the real reason for 4Sevens Closing. I haven't bought a light from him in years nor was I a particularly huge fan but here are the publically accessible facts of the case, readers may draw their own conclusions:

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2...trict-court/surefire-llc-v-4sevens-llc-et-al/

REPORT of Patent and Trademark Closing, regarding patent and/or trademark number(s) US RE40,125 E, US 7,722,209 B2, re 29 Notice (Other). cc:USPTO (ag) (Entered: 10/10/2013)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more post etc and you're at 5000. Make it a good one!

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I claim to know much about law, so I have very little idea on what's going on or what the information on the site tells me. The only thing that I can say that I understood is that SureFire sued 4Sevens and there was a counter suit from 4Sevens and Olight against SureFire.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think SF suit against 4Sevens is pretty common knowledge here. They continued to produce lights for quite some time after that incident. I don't know that anyone can definitively state that as the reason they closed, although it likely didn't help. I suspect this would be a short lived thread as it will undoubtedly lead to rampant speculation and hearsay. As the links are posted for anyone who wishes to take a look, we may as well end this now.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok guys, it was a reference to something Sheldon said in an episode of The Big Bang Theory. It was meant to be funny. I would not actually harm a kitten, obviously. It means the same thing as "to strangle an idea at birth", to end it before it came to fruition. We can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts