HDS Systems        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Emisar D4S

Default Re: Emisar D4S

Let us know how that goes!

I hope I just got the unlucky one that had a little solder bridge and you guys will be fine.
    Nokoff is back!..and made in China

Quote Originally Posted by Nokoff View Post
    Let us know how that goes!

I hope I just got the unlucky one that had a little solder bridge and you guys will be fine.
    Good news!!

Nov. 1 it was at 4.07v.

Nov. 8 after no use, sitting with aux leds on low, still at 4.07v.

I think I'll let it go another week just to be sure.
    GOOD TINT!

Default Emisar D4S

Congrats! youíre fine then, with Low at least. Iím sure theyíre all fine. Hank was gracious and even offered me a refund and I said no cuz itís not a big deal. This was an honest one-off issue

My D4S has some occasional odd behavior on stepped ramping mode. It will stutter on mode change, which can result in numerous behaviors such as not stepping up or down, making a partial step, dropping to lowest mode, or simply turning off and dropping to aux mode. Per the battery check mode, cell voltage has consistently remained in the upper range (i.e. 4.2V - 3.6V). Physically powering it down can help, as can simply letting it fit for a day.

I'd shrug it off, except this seems to have been happening with increasing frequency.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Iíd try it with a different battery, not protected of course.

There also have been updated versions of the firmware though Iím not sure these ever had any issues like what youíre describing. I donít know if itís mechanical like my issue was or firmware so Iíd say just post up on ToyKeeperís D4S thread over at BLF...she will know if itís the UI firmware or not.

If none of that works then warranty is in effect. I could live with my issue but not what youíre describing.

The D4S is now offered in XP-L HD 5100lm / 27,000cd.

Cool White - XP-L HD V6 1A, 6500K
    Neutral White - XP-L HD V6 3D, 5000K
    Last edited by Connor; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    My D4S has some occasional odd behavior on stepped ramping mode. It will stutter on mode change, which can result in numerous behaviors such as not stepping up or down, making a partial step, dropping to lowest mode, or simply turning off and dropping to aux mode. Per the battery check mode, cell voltage has consistently remained in the upper range (i.e. 4.2V - 3.6V). Physically powering it down can help, as can simply letting it fit for a day.

I'd shrug it off, except this seems to have been happening with increasing frequency.
    Iíd try it with a different battery, not protected of course.

There also have been updated versions of the firmware though Iím not sure these ever had any issues like what youíre describing. I donít know if itís mechanical like my issue was or firmware so Iíd say just post up on ToyKeeperís D4S thread over at BLF...she will know if itís the UI firmware or not.

If none of that works then warranty is in effect. I could live with my issue but not what youíre describing.
    Think I determined the source of the problem. After some experimenting with it this evening in stepped and ramp mode with the same glitches, I noticed that it would malf more or less depending on grip and also noticed that whenever it malfed it often blinked wholly off for a fraction of a second. It occurred to me that this was likely effecting the battery-tube-to-head connection and the times that my mechanical lockout process remedied it likely tightened said connection enough to make good contact again. Tightened it those last few arcseconda or so of rotation and it stopped misbehaving. Loosened the head just perceptibly and the symptoms returned.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Default Emisar D4S

If you have any thread lube on, that might be making the connection bad, wipe it clean. You shouldnít have to twist it so tight to make a connection. Thread lube is notorious for interfering with the path. Great news though!

Mtn Electronics said they would sell the caps without magnets separately. Now I see that's gone away. Too bad, because I hate the magnet. It pulls the batter out when removing, makes it easy to drop.
    GOOD TINT!

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Mtn Electronics said they would sell the caps without magnets separately. Now I see that's gone away. Too bad, because I hate the magnet. It pulls the batter out when removing, makes it easy to drop.
    The text about non-magnetic caps is down in the specifications section and the non-magnetic caps are already available from Mtn.

Quote Originally Posted by tyu View Post
    The text about non-magnetic caps is down in the specifications section and the non-magnetic caps are already available from Mtn.
    Thanks! I found it. Definitely worth the $3.99 to me.
    GOOD TINT!

If you have any thread lube on, that might be making the connection bad, wipe it clean. You shouldnít have to twist it so tight to make a connection. Thread lube is notorious for interfering with the path. Great news though!
    No thread lube unless intl-outdoor shipped it that way. Probably inherent to the way that the battery tube engages the ground contact on the PCB.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I simply make a habit of securing the cell before the magnet can extract it. As an added bonus, the magnet does a great job of keeping an 18650 centered for casual use without a spacer.

However, I can appreciate that it's not universally wanted. Looks like intl-outdoor can supply it without the battery.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456