Anybody seen Dorcy LED lights at Target?

BillBill

Newly Enlightened
Yeah Just that. I heard they were coming out during the first week of March. Does anyone have one of those lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

emann

Newly Enlightened
Not here at my Target's yet unless they just arrived. I have a AAA led light from Dorcy that I got at Wal-Mart and even they have not been in stock the last few times I went there.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I stopped by my local Target yesterday and they didn't have any new ones out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kelnar

Newly Enlightened
I went to a Target that had cleared out their flashlight aisle the other day and it has been stocked with various Energizer lights and a couple of Vectors. No Dorcy, yet, though.

BillBill

Newly Enlightened
That 1aaa light from Walmart was quite good and bright for one led and $6. I hope the Target led lights are just as good a value.

FlameOn

Enlightened
the target in west hollywood ca. got a whole bunch....the store just opened this week....7.99...i was going to buy one but checked in here first to see if they are any good...i guess they are...

C

Cosmic Superchunk

What new Dorcys do they have? My local Target just has a few cheapies on clearance, but nothing new yet.

Ratus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FlameOn said:
the target in west hollywood ca. got a whole bunch....the store just opened this week....7.99...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do they have?

The 1AAA, 1AA, 2AA, etc.? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Please, tell us more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Danosaurus

Newly Enlightened
West Hollywood Target Field Report

Just got back, scored the last two 1AA/3LED lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif They still had three 2AA/4LEDs for $16.99, a bunch of 2C/8LEDs at $29.99 and a ton of 1AAA/1LEDs at $7.99 (rip compared to Wal-Mart!). Entire stock in all varieties is silver only.

Be aware this store is not officially open yet, the grand opening is this Sunday. This is an unadvertised "soft opening", the store is basically empty. I saw like three other shoppers there. So if you're in the area, I highly suggest stopping by today or tomorrow because the crowds start Sunday!

I'll post a mini-review of the 1AA/3LED later...

AlCanada1

Newly Enlightened
The lights are scheduled to be available in all stores by March 12. They will have a 1AAA single LED, 1AA 3 LED, 2AA 4 LED and 2C 8 LED

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Very cool! I look forward to them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened
Anyone know anything about the 1 Watt Dorcy?
I was hoping they would come out soon, maybe during the Target new offering. Heard rumours, but nothing specific. What say you guys?

I slapped in a 1 Watt UFO into the 1AA 3LED Dorcy. Not too impressed. It's running at about 100 mA and no optic.
For one, I hear the UFO is not as bright as a 1 Watt Luxeon when similarly underdriven.
And two, definitely needs an optic. It's generally a flood light. No noticeable hotspot. Hoping the Dorcy OEM would fare better.

Please, keep us posted. Been to local Target, no luck, yet on any Dorcys.

Danno

AlCanada1

Newly Enlightened
I have seen the DORCY 1 Watt lights (3 versions) and understand a 2 pack of the 3AAA Lights are in some Costco stores now.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
AlCanada1 said:
The lights are scheduled to be available in all stores by March 12. They will have a 1AAA single LED, 1AA 3 LED, 2AA 4 LED and 2C 8 LED

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much for the information. I added it to the four Dorcy LED flashlight pages on my website.

Moat

Enlightened
Hopefully, that's where all of the elusive 1AA/3LED's have gone to - collecting for months in Target warehouses across the nation, to be released apon unsuspecting flashaholics on March 12, in a massive Dorcy Blitzkreig!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Bob

Ratus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Danosaurus said:
West Hollywood Target Field Report

Just got back, scored the last two 1AA/3LED lights...

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the report. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

How much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Danosaurus said:
...Entire stock in all varieties is silver only.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just silver? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Latest posts