HDS Systems        
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Vape as smoking cessation

Default Re: Vape as smoking cessation

Yeah, for some reason they changed the "Virginia tobacco" flavor that comes from Italian seeds that were from once tobacco grown in VA to Virginia Tobacco instead of Prelude. I do not know if it was a rule change, a copyright thing or just simply marketing. I got an email a while ago mentioning some products being eliminated and some products being renamed.

Left is Prelude. Right is same flavor, different name.

The carton(s)
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-12-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic

Good Info!!!

Thanks

The new packaging.

30 ML was $23. Doubled now for $10 more and no more eyedropper.
    Oh and each order includes a 60ML bottle of hand sanitizer.
    Black Note is pricey so if you vape a a litre or more a month it aint practical. But us toodle puffers literally save hundreds of dollars per bottle versus smoking.

Flashaholic

Tips my vape in a cheers like fashion your way.

Glad I carry a spare.
    Last evening I charged up my backup device and while at it decided to refill it. On the way to work I noticed a very pleasant aroma wofting from my shirt pocket area. Hmm, smells like that sweet and sour grape vape juice I use. While commuting down a busy interstate I use the one with tobacco instead of smoking and the tastey grape after arriving at my job. I pulled it out to take a drag and it acted clogged. Hmm, check it over and see the tank is empty. I just refilled it last night so how can that be?

That little cap on the left is important.
    I had left the cap off and it all drained into the device and literally drained through the charge port into my shirt pocket. I spent the rest of the day wicking the juice from the device using paper towel plugs and by sundown had it working again. I really thought it was ruined. My third device ended up being the backup today.

After reducing to about 1/2 my former smoking habit I figured it's time to reduce vaping too. A few cigarettes a day, and occasional puffs from a vaper tool.

Next step, cut back what smoking does still occur in half while not increasing vaping.

I quit smoking eight years ago this month. I don't preach, I know folks who still smoke, including my Wife. I quit when my mother passed away from lung cancer that had spread to her brain. She fought the good fight for 10 months, the last month wasn't pretty. My brother-in-law passed away this past Monday at age 50. Metastatic stage 4 lung cancer. He was diagnosed Sept. 2019, and fought like hell. In November, after surgery to place a rod in his leg after cutting out a huge tumor from his femur, he was bed ridden. We drove him to the hospital the thursday before he passed, he refused to go by ambulance. They sent him home on hospice 30 hours later, he lasted 2 days at home. He leaves an 18 year old daughter and a 47 year old widow. Please, please find the strength to quit. All of it. If I can, you can. I promise I won't post here again... I care about you folks, here in my extended CPF family. Over and out...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Wise words Scout. Sorry about your mom and brother.

I got a call from my nephew after I made the previous post. He was all frantic about his dad (my oldest brother) who discovered shortly after Christmas he's ate up with lung cancer that has spread. It seems he's going downhill faster than an Olympic snow skier.
    Now in my family he will be the first with lung cancer even though our family crest has a pair of cigarettes crossed instead of swords. But he has the other ailments every elder family member has from smoking. Clogged arteries, heart disease, diabetes and copd/emphesema. His heart doctor gave him five years to live about 20 years ago if he did not change his ways.

Anyway, I hear what you're saying loud and clear.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567