Olight X7 and Samsung 30Q's ???

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
I just got 2 sets of 30Q's in and got to try them out tonight. They seemed to step down to me before the Olight branded cells for the light. I don't know if it was as bright either. When I got home they all read 3.91 volts on the charger. Before I put them on the charger, I timed the light on turbo S and got about 2 minutes out of it before it stepped down fast. Do the cells need to be cycled several times for better performance, or is it possible the light is getting too hot from the unprotected cells? I remember getting about 8 minutes on turbo S before with the Olight branded cells. Also, I was wondering about the outside temperature might also be affecting it. I guess more testing is required?

After testing them all three sets are about the same. However, I have a bad cell in the Olight branded ones. It self- discharges really bad. It reads 4.10 volts after a full charge and three days resting the others are at 4.18 and in a month it will discharge to the point it takes an hour longer to charge that cell than the other 3. I am not sure if I should buy another one or keep the matched set even though on cell is clearly bad.

Last edited: