FourSevens        

Thread: New Acebeam K75 ... will it be the new King of throw???

Default New Acebeam K75 ... will it be the new King of throw???

Acebeam posted a 2018 family pic, and it shows the new K75.

What a monster!!!

Hopefully details will be soon to follow.

Default Re: New Acebeam K75 ... will it be the new King of throw???

Any light that is almost as wide as it is tall means business.
    GOOD TINT!

Following Acebeam for new lights is one of the things I look forward to add zest, elan, verve and panache to my life. Thanks for posting the reference to the very nice photo.
    Imalent R90TS. MS18. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

The Acebeam X70 Will be listed this month!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Any light that is almost as wide as it is tall means business.
    True that!

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    Following Acebeam for new lights is one of the things I look forward to add zest, elan, verve and panache to my life. Thanks for posting the reference to the very nice photo.
    Welcome.

Between the X70 and the K75, things are gonna get exciting.

Unenlightened

Buttrock Re: New Acebeam K75 ... will it be the new King of throw???

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    My w30 still has more cd Im not buying anymore throwers unless there lep

Quote Originally Posted by Mums View Post
    My w30 still has more cd Im not buying anymore throwers unless there lep
    How do you know? Do you have a k75 to directly compare to your W30? You can't compare different measurements from different people. Right now the only direct measurement comparison is Acebeam's own set of measurements, of which they have the K75 outthrowing the W30. K75 has much larger lumen output and will definitely have a much more usable beam to see things with, but the tradeoff of course is size.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    How do you know? Do you have a k75 to directly compare to your W30? You can't compare different measurements from different people. Right now the only direct measurement comparison is Acebeam's own set of measurements, of which they have the K75 outthrowing the W30. K75 has much larger lumen output and will definitely have a much more usable beam to see things with, but the tradeoff of course is size.
    Well put. The K75 should be actually useful for say SAR. The W30 and the like are not - all of the LEP (and I have all of the currently generally available makes/models) are lightsaber toys. I like them for that, but they are the last lights I'd take out for any serious long-distance needs.

Here's an *approximation* of beam sizes of K75 vs W30 under equidistant conditions (the beam profiles will not be the same, hence only approximate but certainly ball-park):

One will be useful to say spot a person at 500m. The other, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    Acebeam posted a 2018 family pic, and it shows the new K75.

What a monster!!!

Hopefully details will be soon to follow.

youtube_com/watch?v=-w0WPkB3XJ4

Time warp feeling coming on strong.

Acebeam officially announced this light three days ago, I click on Last Post in this thread, I scroll up, and there, four posts up in this fresh, current thread, is a post that I made in August, which hasn't happened yet.

Wait....

August..... 2018.

Well anyway, I want this light, again.

---------------
    I want this light all over, and over again. I want this light all over. Till the light closes in. Till the light closes in.

Proof that a beamshot tells more than anything... and everyone gets quiet in eager anticipation...

Has it been edited for marketing purposes though? Or is this straight from the camera roll to the forum... hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by acebeam View Post
    Can your guys post more photos?

K75 commanding the spotlight in my collection:

Left to right: K75, TN40, XPro, CatapultV6

I feel criminal using the K75 in urban environments. Whereas with the T21vn I could point it around discretely without flooding everything around the hotspot, but with the K75 it's like I'm just barfing out light everywhere in the general area I'm pointing. What a monster.

In these pics I'm pointing at a face of a parking garage 700 meters away. Camera settings were locked at f/2.0, 1/20sec, iso 640 for all 3 shots.

control:

T21vn:

K75:

The T21vn decently lights up the middle part of the face of the parking garage, and barely the tops of the trees just in front of it.
    The K75 lights up the entirety of the garage's face, wraps around it to the right side, lights up the trees in front of it, lights up the trees in front of those trees, and the spill completely lights up the tree that's about 20 feet in front of me to the left in the foreground.

What is the run time on the K75 at turbo? My Olight M3XS-UT murders my Malkoff Hound Dog Super, time to murder the Olight.

On turbo it will run at 6300 lumens for around 1 minute, then will start ramping down and settle what I assume to be 3000 lumens, then will continue on for 1 hour 45 minutes.

On turbo it will run at 6300 lumens for around 1 minute, then will start ramping down and settle what I assume to be 3000 lumens, then will continue on for 1 hour 45 minutes.

Thanks, that performance sounds really good.

So the Usable lumens is 3K 6K is just demo lumens to fool prospective buyers that it will do 6000 lumens for an 1hr 45 minutes. Vendors need to put in parenthesis actual usable runtime in parenthesis.

Unenlightened

Exactly hugo, it's becoming like Q switched laser running in pulse mode.

kinda weak for a light this price class and size to only manage 1 min highest mode before stepdown.. thats just not ok imo...

This kind of LED has not been used in any other hosts until now, so it's kinda hard to say whether it's weak or not. The closest thing we have to compare to are Vinh of Skylumen's modded BLFGT and TN42 lights sporting the CFT90. The CFT90 is the same die size and nearly the same output, but it's a little older. That emitter is also 100 dollars per pop.

Those modded lights being driven to 5500 lumens can also only manage 1-2 minutes on turbo before heat becomes too much of an issue, and have to step down.

Running at 2500 lumens continuously with ruler flat regulation for 2 hours on just 4 18650s is phenomenal for a thrower emitter. Yes, you can get slightly better numbers with an XHP70.2, but it's also a much more larger die that has more efficacy. For reference, the BLF GT can run the XHP35 HI at 2-2500 lumens for around 2 hours with slightly tapered regulation, and it drains 8 18650s.

Think of this light as an alternative to the BLF GT, it trades some throw for flood when both are compared at their 2000-2500 lumen outputs. But, it has the ability to outthrow the GT and massively outflood it with a short turbo burst.

I have my critiques with why they would put heatfins halfway up the reflector, and not more towards the neck, but I think the performance of this light is very good. Seems like an efficient driver, and the SBT90 also seems to be very efficient when not driven to insane levels.
    Last edited by twistedraven; 08-11-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Today came the Acebeam K75 ordered by Nkon. I did a little unboxing video and some photos. Then I'll do, as soon as I can, some tests with the luxmeter and the runtime in Turbo and High in the two available ways.

Don't forget to set it into power mode like I did.

Don't forget to set it into power mode like I did.
    Yes, done immediately.

A small comparison with the BLF GT. The photos were taken with a smartphone.

Very tempting the k75, 1st light in a long time that has my attention. Great pics guys

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Very tempting the k75, 1st light in a long time that has my attention. Great pics guys
    Hi ven, I am glad to see you on this forum!

The first new light to grab my attention in two years was the R90TS.

The K75 and the MS18 have also very recently gotten my attention. I have submitted my serious order inquiry to my favorite USA supplier for the K75, now I am waiting.

After 25 months of nothing grabs my attention, suddenly, three! One happily added to my collection a month ago, two I am waiting on for my supplier to acquire.

--------------
    I equally love the Kings of Dedicated Throw, Power Throw and Flood.

More pics for people. Open in new window for full size.

Nice video. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HARDUSVD70 View Post
    Convoy M3, Astrolux FT03, BLF GT, Crelant E3, Astrolux S1, Fitorch MR35, Nitecore TM28, Manker MK34, Klarus Mi7, Klarus XT12GT, Thrunite TN40, Zebralight H602w, HDS Rotary 200, Spark ST6 500CW, Ra Clicky 140, Dereelight DBS V3 XM-L, 6D Maglite incan, Petzl headlamp.