Malkoff: I'm probably not as bad as some others

straightShot

Newly Enlightened
I now have 4 different Malkoff variants, and it's only been about 6 months since my first order. Other flashlights worked fine, but I just had to have these. Has anyone else suffered from this 'need to have' problem?

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff? Yes, please may I have some more. There is a huge Malkoff thread on this forum.

Last edited:

TyTEK

Newly Enlightened
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Purchased an MD2, which turned into 5 or 6, haha! Then I was good for a while. Then one day I decided I needed a replacement for my Quark QTA which led to an MDC AA. Pretty soon I had ten of them floating around... don't know what happened :whistle:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a very modest collection. 3 Hound Dogs, one Hound Dog Super, several M61 variants. One M61T, one M91T. I think that's about all.

I sold several M61 variants recently, such as M61L - they were great circa 2009 but not all that useful if you have the low mode built into the Hound Dog. Gave away a M361 to a guy that had nothing.

I mean how many can you use at the same time?

I think seven can cover all the possibilities you can encounter. and then some.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the build quality that makes them so attractive initially but it's the modularity that makes them multiply. You can literally build up a custom Malkoff flashlight for any conceivable need.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is correct. Acquire more bodies and extension. Get more latest-greatest batteries, 18650 and 18500 and even primaries.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I started about ten years ago and lost count at 30 drop-ins... throw in about half a dozen assorted HDs and WCs, a dozen MDs, and a couple MDCs, and I am a certified Malkoff Junkie.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Eight within approximately two months:

1. Hound Dog Super Neutral on MD4 with Tricap
2. Hound Dog 18650 Neutral on MD2 with Tricap
3. M61HOT on MD2 with High/Low bezel switch and Tricap
4. MDC Bodyguard
5. MDC HA 1AA Neutral 4000K
6. M361N-LMH drop-in with High/Low bezel switch in MD2 host with Tricap
7. MDC Neutral XP-L 16650
8. MDC Bodyguard V2 18650 Unshrouded

I'm actively looking for a support group. "MFA" - Malkoff Flashlights Anonymous.:crackup:

Last edited:

dhunley1

Enlightened
I did the whole binge thing over the course of a year and probably had over a dozen at one point. Down to 6 now and I'm pretty content with what I have.

weklund

Enlightened
No problem here ... :)

MALKOFF-012-Medium-1.jpg

WCHDS1.jpg

MALKOFFMDCCW.jpg

MALCK.jpg

MALCAMO.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^Nice line up! The vintage Wildcats are amazing. I wish Gene would bring back a Wildcat design with a full size head. The current version 6 doesn't have enough thermal mass. It's an awe inspiring flashlight, but it just runs too hot.

Frdlite

Newly Enlightened
I have accumulate 12 p60 drop-ins, 3 maglite drop-ins, mdc2's and 1 2aa body with a vme head within 2 year's and still fighting with my addiction

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I remember when this guy first came on here looking to sell his maglight drop in. Most though he was nuts and he wasn't going to sell much. LMAO. I think they were mistaken a wee bit.