Golden Gadgets Luxeon 5W LED - poor man's L4?

Eric911

Newly Enlightened
Golden Gadgets Luxeon 5W LED - poor man\'s L4?

Obviously the L4 would be my first choice, but they are expensive and difficult to find. I found the Golden Gadgets Luxeon 5W LED on eBay for $85 and was tempted, but know nothing about them. I'm looking for a Luxeon 5W LED light duty use. Any input regarding this light or ideas for a different Luxeon 5W LED?

max52

Newly Enlightened
Re: Golden Gadgets Luxeon 5W LED - poor man\'s L4?

I have both, plus a TNC 5w, and M6 LED converted with a Mr. Bulk McModule, an L6, etc.
The Golden Gadget definately outperforms the TL-3

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Max52, can you comment on the beams of the L6, TNC 5w and Golden Gadget 5w? How do they compare in terms of throw, spill, overall brightness, etc?

Jon

Eric911

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
The Golden Gadget definately outperforms the TL-3

[/ QUOTE ]Any additional details that you have would be great!

Joseph

Enlightened

Japanese folks would answer you well, since this looks exactly same as Gentos' 5W light.
As long as I know this is brighter, whiter, and gives you more throw than TL-3. http://fuja.s22.xrea.com/review/sf501/index.html <---
Here are some beam shots from LightMania such a cool site. I hope this helps you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiu

Enlightened

ERIC,
I agree with Joseph. My vote will go to SuperFire 501!! It is white & bright 5W. I had been play it in a shop but havent buy it because i got the L4 already. I would like to save the $ for other mods. The current price in here (HK) is just USD $90. Although it is a bit longer in size as it use 3x123. I think it is a regulated 5W which will give a 2hrs high output. It can out throw & give out more total light than L4.

Eric911

Newly Enlightened

I ended up placing an order for one of these:
fl512_main.jpg

Ordered from Lifestyle Fascination, as seen here. I know nothing about them, but I guess I'll know if about a week if it was worth $89.95.