• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ACEBEAM X80 GT 32500 Lumens

acebeam

Enlightened

ACEBEAM X80 GT
32500 Lumens

X80GT.jpg

X80GT-1.jpg

X80GT-2.jpg

X80GT-3.jpg

X80GT-4.jpg

X80GT-5.jpg

X80GT-6.gif

X80GT-7.jpg

X80GT-8.jpg

X80GT-9.jpg

X80GT-10.jpg

X80GT-11.jpg

me_no_thing

Newly Enlightened
Great flashlight Acebeam. Another palm size lumens monster.

So that air vent not affect for waterproof under water 30 m?

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
what about user safety ? im more concerned customers not knowing better burning their hands almost after u run at highest and it steps down, it must get very hot to the point u can burn yourself very bad ?

And also if its rated 30m underwater how come its advised not turn on or off underwater , so what happens if u do light can get damaged this is a bit confusing either it is rated 30m and can be turned on or not ?

markr6

Flashaholic
what about user safety ? im more concerned customers not knowing better burning their hands almost after u run at highest and it steps down, it must get very hot to the point u can burn yourself very bad ?

I hope the morons that sued McDonald's for hot coffee don't get their hands on this thing!

acebeam

Enlightened
Bring your 'little sun', for a treading the night on foot!!

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I am truly considering getting the X80 GT for its high lumens and its flooding capability.

I walk my wife's dogs in the neighborhood in the evenings. I live in a small gated community where coyotes have been know to natch up a dog or two (my wife would die--those are her kids)

Right now I use a Mateminco MT-18vn with 16,000 lumens to light up an area if needed. I have a bright light in case a coyote appears and using all 16,000 lumens at once might startle it and scare it away. I haven't had to test the theory as of yet but when the MT-18 is turned on a rabbit, the rabbit is startled, stops and does not move. I can walk up to it and almost pick it up. If I didn't have the dogs with me, I probably could grab the rabbit.

So my thinking is the X80 GT with twice the lumens could possibly do a better job at scarying a hungry coyote than my MT-18.

What's your thought?

I know the X80 GT can get hot if left on Turbo but I would be only using all 32,500 lumens for a short blast or two.

Last edited:

Nokoff

Enlightened
There are multiple angles to this type of discussion. I'll take the "other defense" angle this time.

I also walk my dogs after dark and I walk them using various torches including an Acebeam X80 red light so I can retain full night vision. I've run into loose pit bull [emoji190] and foxes [emoji1663]. The X80 will make things turn away but I haven't been charged by an animal yet with it in hand.

It's one thing to say and another to do. No matter how bright it may not stop them. And what if it's daytime? Get some pepper spray or a gun...anything which is approaching me is going down and not by flashlight. I've come very close to losing my pet so learned my lesson already.

So now you say but my hands are full, I already have the flashlight in hand at night, so why not the X80GT. To that I say it's better than what you got now.

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
There are multiple angles to this type of discussion. I'll take the "other defense" angle this time.

I also walk my dogs after dark and I walk them using various torches including an Acebeam X80 red light so I can retain full night vision. I've run into loose pit bull [emoji190] and foxes [emoji1663]. The X80 will make things turn away but I haven't been charged by an animal yet with it in hand.

It's one thing to say and another to do. No matter how bright it may not stop them. And what if it's daytime? Get some pepper spray or a gun...anything which is approaching me is going down and not by flashlight. I've come very close to losing my pet so learned my lesson already.

So now you say but my hands are full, I already have the flashlight in hand at night, so why not the X80GT. To that I say it's better than what you got now.

Not a worry in the daytime. We are not backed up to a forest or a wooded area. It's a golf course. Late in the evening when all the golfers are gone, one can hear the coyotes. The only coyotes I have ever seen on the golf course in daytime have been sick and not thinking, dinner.

Yes, a bright, bright light may not stop a coyote but not having one I know will not stop one.

"So now you say but my hands are full, I already have the flashlight in hand at night, so why not the X80GT. To that I say it's better than what you got now" ..That has been my thinking also.

Thanks for your thought.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Lol daytime coyotes. Maybe they golf?

I can tell you our walks are around 2 miles and the X80 is never heavy or a burden except when I need to pick up something they deposited. That's why I also carry a small neck light and just holster my X80. That's another thing to consider. The GT has a handle (removable) which is nice but I'm not sure how well it can be holstered. It may fit in the standard holster just fine with the handle sticking out I'm not sure.

Since your logic is the same as mine I can wholeheartedly back up your decision. If you have to and have the chance to, it'll temporarily blind anything that looks at it. You may even want to consider the X80 for the colors and less heat. There's a thermal step down at around 30 seconds but the X80 can run longer on turbo and after the step down is actually brighter.
0fd87ab58884aef86268ff47d7751ce4.jpg

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an X80GTvn from Vinh. Also having him swap out the factory's Driver for Vinh's DriverVNX3. I'll get more control over the light modes and Vinh said swapping the Drivers will make the light even brighter.

Now I'll have to sell my Mateminco MT18vn to help cover the cost of the X80GTvn.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an X80GTvn from Vinh. Also having him swap out the factory's Driver for Vinh's DriverVNX3. I'll get more control over the light modes and Vinh said swapping the Drivers will make the light even brighter.

Now I'll have to sell my Mateminco MT18vn to help cover the cost of the X80GTvn.

Nice.. so it cost $280 plus additional for the driver vnx3 ?

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
Nice.. so it cost $280 plus additional for the driver vnx3 ?

$280 PLUS $30 for 2 1/2 year warranty, $5 for V's sig., $60 for his DriverVNX3

V mentioned switching Drivers will increase the Lumens. Just what is needed on this light, more lumens

Last edited:

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
Need battery help

Just received the X80GTvnx2 from V

I thought my Sony VTC5A would fit and work. But they don't.

Does anyone know what would be a good battery for the X80GT other than the AceBeam battery?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need battery help

Just received the X80GTvnx2 from V

I thought my Sony VTC5A would fit and work. But they don't.

Does anyone know what would be a good battery for the X80GT other than the AceBeam battery?

I havent seem sony vtc5a button top.. samsung 30q button top would be good choice..

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I havent seem sony vtc5a button top.. samsung 30q button top would be good choice..

That is what I finally discovered. No "A"

So,
I just ordered from Mountain Electronics 4 Sony 18650 VTC5 Button Tops

Can't wait until I can play with my new light

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found our X80-GT performs best with 30Q's.