fell badly for this "CREE T6 Zoom Torch 1000 lumens"

subiya

Newly Enlightened
20180809_215844.jpg.html
Bought this ultrafire torch after reading reviews saying how bright they are..... but really?? Should be 1000 lumens.
All the torches shown below are running lithium batteries and if the zoom-able ultrafire torch was even "Just" as bright as the old Fenix TK35 (love this torch) (suposedly 680 l) I would have been happy but it isn't much brighter then a little Sipik with a tiny little cree bulb of some sort.
Anything I can do to improve this light other than replace it?
20180809_215844.jpg.html

20180809_215844.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

Very disappointing considering all the good comments about these lights.

Last edited:

subiya

Newly Enlightened
I can believe that with no problem.
What does baffle me is that it does appear to have a T6 cree bulb. If that's the case surely it should still at least give the Tk35 a bit of a fight.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything I can do to improve this light other than replace it?

Very disappointing considering all the good comments about these lights.

Pick it up very gently, remove the batteries, open the garbage bin, let go of the light and replace lid.
Put it down to experience.
P

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's quite possible that the reviews are complete fabrications, or from people that do not have quality lights to act as a point-of-reference to validate those claims.

This. It happens a lot anymore especially on eBay. I (as well as about 100 others) got scammed into a huge presale of a premium baseball card hobby box. All of his 300+ reviews were bogus. eBay took care of it

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a similar scenario with a SF E series head from a Chinese seller. In my instance I merely wanted the head not the LED or board. The beam pattern was a square blob like your examples.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it has an actual thermal path you could put a driver in it with better output (I suspect the driver in there is absolute crap and responsible for the low output, assuming it is indeed an actual XM-L and not one of the million clones). However most of these sort of lights are basically hollow in the pill area with little mass at all, and perform quite poorly with any current handling.

Personally, I'd suggest getting into a better light from a legitimate manufacturer, there are a ton of great examples these days in the sub-$100 range, and even around the $20-$40 range

subiya

Newly Enlightened
All good. I must add, in my defence, my expectations were very very very low. That's why I'm disappointed. It didn't even get 10% of my lowest expectation. Still it was cheap enough that throwing it away will be painless,
20180809_211151.jpg

Last edited:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats not even a cree xm-l .
its a latticebright knockoff.
to get 1000lm from an xm-l you must drive it to 3a +.
not happening in that light without a quick meltdown.
its a $3 light all day.
use it as if it is disposable because it is!
All good. I must add, in my defence, my expectations were very very very low. That's why I'm disappointed. It didn't even get 10% of my lowest expectation. Still it was cheap enough that throwing it away will be painless,
20180809_211151.jpg