HDS on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nichia!

Banned
One of the reasons kept me away from Buying HDS light is the pay pal fee and exchange rates price.

HDS folks..

Can you please put them on Amazon and make everyone life a little bit easier please?

Or you put on your HDS website ( pay with Amazon )
Method please. That way we can buy any HDS light we want without dealing with pay pal and pay more money for them as fees etc...

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS has been historically picky about dealers, so I think amazon is unlikely. Hogo did mention a new website in the works so maybe adding amazon or google pay could be possible.

Are conversion rates really that bad? You shouldn't need to pay any fee as a buyer using paypal.

parametrek

Enlightened
HDS is on amazon. Has been for years. There are currently 18 of the Tactical model for $269 there.

Nichia!

Banned
HDS has been historically picky about dealers, so I think amazon is unlikely. Hogo did mention a new website in the works so maybe adding amazon or google pay could be possible.

Are conversion rates really that bad? You shouldn't need to pay any fee as a buyer using paypal.

Yes, it is very bad:( Amazon pay is a must for me.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mean High CRI lights

The custom lights, in your case the high noon and 3 o clock HDS is only available on the HDS Website. This lights will also be build only on demand, when you order it.

At all I am from Europe, I do not have to pay "special PayPal fees" at all, but I have to pay higher shipment and of course I loose some money due to the exchange € to USD. But anyway, it is only money... :lolsign:

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened
PayPal does at times throw in a " currency conversion" fee. I'm in the US. I got nailed 5% on a purchase from a Canadian business. Took an hour on the phone to figure out. It's pretty inconsistent though, as multiple purchases from EU, Asia, and even other purchases from Canada had no such fee.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal does at times throw in a " currency conversion" fee. I'm in the US. I got nailed 5% on a purchase from a Canadian business. Took an hour on the phone to figure out. It's pretty inconsistent though, as multiple purchases from EU, Asia, and even other purchases from Canada had no such fee.

If you know how much you're going to spend it's better to open up other currencies and do the conversion yourself. If it's a lot of money you'll save yourself at least 1%
I m in the uk, but deal in usd and eur as well as gbp

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes they are... BUT Paypal is a business and to be fair to PayPal they are much cheaper and less trouble than wiring from the bank. They are in the business to make money so we either accept or not.

mcm308

Enlightened
Everyone charges a fee to convert! In paypal if you use your credit card, you can opt to have your credit card do the conversion and the fee is cheaper then paypal.

archimedes

Flashaholic
This is really not an "LED Flashlight" thread topic ....

It sounds like OP has had his question answered. HDS is apparently available on Amazon, but selection is reportedly limited, and subject to their terms of sale.

I think we'll just close this now, as foreign currency exchange and such are getting pretty far off topic from LED flashlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.