ArmyTek        

Thread: HDS on Amazon

Default HDS on Amazon

One of the reasons kept me away from Buying HDS light is the pay pal fee and exchange rates price.

HDS folks..

Can you please put them on Amazon and make everyone life a little bit easier please?

Or you put on your HDS website ( pay with Amazon )
    Method please. That way we can buy any HDS light we want without dealing with pay pal and pay more money for them as fees etc...

Default Re: HDS on Amazon

HDS has been historically picky about dealers, so I think amazon is unlikely. Hogo did mention a new website in the works so maybe adding amazon or google pay could be possible.

Are conversion rates really that bad? You shouldn't need to pay any fee as a buyer using paypal.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Flashaholic*

I do not know at what location Nichia! is. But there are a few dealers outside of the US.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

HDS is on amazon. Has been for years. There are currently 18 of the Tactical model for $269 there.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    40 brands, 1936 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    HDS has been historically picky about dealers, so I think amazon is unlikely. Hogo did mention a new website in the works so maybe adding amazon or google pay could be possible.

Are conversion rates really that bad? You shouldn't need to pay any fee as a buyer using paypal.
    Yes, it is very bad Amazon pay is a must for me.

Quote Originally Posted by parametrek View Post
    HDS is on amazon. Has been for years. There are currently 18 of the Tactical model for $269 there.
    I mean High CRI lights

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    I mean High CRI lights
    The custom lights, in your case the high noon and 3 o clock HDS is only available on the HDS Website. This lights will also be build only on demand, when you order it.

At all I am from Europe, I do not have to pay "special PayPal fees" at all, but I have to pay higher shipment and of course I loose some money due to the exchange € to USD. But anyway, it is only money...
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

The product details on Amazon indicate that the HDS tactical is not eligible for international shipping.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

PayPal does at times throw in a “ currency conversion” fee. I’m in the US. I got nailed 5% on a purchase from a Canadian business. Took an hour on the phone to figure out. It’s pretty inconsistent though, as multiple purchases from EU, Asia, and even other purchases from Canada had no such fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Hey View Post
    PayPal does at times throw in a “ currency conversion” fee. I’m in the US. I got nailed 5% on a purchase from a Canadian business. Took an hour on the phone to figure out. It’s pretty inconsistent though, as multiple purchases from EU, Asia, and even other purchases from Canada had no such fee.
    If you know how much you’re going to spend it’s better to open up other currencies and do the conversion yourself. If it’s a lot of money you’ll save yourself at least 1%
    I m in the uk, but deal in usd and eur as well as gbp
    Don’t Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post

Yes they are... BUT Paypal is a business and to be fair to PayPal they are much cheaper and less trouble than wiring from the bank. They are in the business to make money so we either accept or not.
    Don’t Tread On Me

Everyone charges a fee to convert! In paypal if you use your credit card, you can opt to have your credit card do the conversion and the fee is cheaper then paypal.

This is really not an "LED Flashlight" thread topic ....

It sounds like OP has had his question answered. HDS is apparently available on Amazon, but selection is reportedly limited, and subject to their terms of sale.

I think we'll just close this now, as foreign currency exchange and such are getting pretty far off topic from LED flashlights.
    ... is the archimedes peak