Prometheus        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lumintop GTvn Mini - Baby Ultra Thrower

Default Re: Lumintop GTvn Mini - Baby Ultra Thrower

Thanks, Iím looking for very very similar (cheaper) u22vn-like competition. Acebeam L30 is nice but itís too long, I donít like the tactical ring, and too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Thanks, Iím looking for very very similar (cheaper) u22vn-like competition. Acebeam L30 is nice but itís too long, I donít like the tactical ring, and too expensive.
    For $115 I think the Acebeam L16vn Spec 1 would be a better fit for throw than the L30 which is a tactical flooder. I have both and like them for their specific purposes. The L16vn is a bit shorter and you can always remove the tactical ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldog View Post
    For $115 I think the Acebeam L16vn Spec 1 would be a better fit for throw than the L30 which is a tactical flooder. I have both and like them for their specific purposes. The L16vn is a bit shorter and you can always remove the tactical ring.
    Thanks, I meant the L30 modified w/Oslon sorry! I think Iím just going to have to wait a while for the next release of something compact and throwy. With the new osram white LED I have high hopes.

Thanks, I meant the L30 modified w/Oslon sorry! I think Iím just going to have to wait a while for the next release of something compact and throwy. With the new osram white LED I have high hopes.
    I gotcha. Iím looking forward to see when the new Acebeam T27 gets modded with the Oslon. It wonít be as compact as the L30 but itís gonna throw.

Thanks but Iíve already purchased (and gifted to a friend) my u21vn. It was just too big and heavy to carry in a jacket pocket on a regular basis, Iím looking for something significantly lighter / 45-50mm Head, 21700 or 18650... something between the Emisar D1 and GTmini size, geared entirely for throw to size ratio. (Bigger / better looking than the Emisar D1, basically a 21700 version w/oslon)

Any suggestions? Budget is 120$.

Maybe look into the Thrunite Catapult VN. I hear it gets hot fast though. No Oslon though.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Maybe look into the Thrunite Catapult VN. I hear it gets hot fast though. No Oslon though.
    Thanks but 26650s are too large/heavy... if I could go that big, the Delta oslon would be the perfect solution... I just need a 21700 Delta/Catapult. (U22vn but cheaper / less loss of throw and intensity, comparatively.)

There isnít an answer yet. D1Svn Oslon/GTmini Oslon/U22vn Oslon are the closest. Need to go tiny a bit smaller.

Maybe you need an LEP thrower or Vinhís pocket aspheric then. You should really start a new thread if you want any more opinions on non-skylumen products tho, This is a sales thread even tho Vinh is too nice to ever say so, just common courtesy if not discussing his lights
    Nokoff is back!..and made in China

Quote Originally Posted by Nokoff View Post
    Maybe you need an LEP thrower or Vinhís pocket aspheric then. You should really start a new thread if you want any more opinions on non-skylumen products tho, This is a sales thread even tho Vinh is too nice to ever say so, just common courtesy if not discussing his lights
    Thanks but I much prefer a regular reflectorís beam pattern. The purpose of discussion here was to gain feedback from GTmini owners, and similar VN modded lights designed to be ultra throwers such as the D1Svn/U22vn as to how they stack up. All aforementioned lights were VN modded, and itís the only place I ever intend to purchase from. Skylumen loyalist here! I donít want opinions on non-skylumen products.

A new thread would be ideal, yes... wasnít my intent to engage so many in discussion all of a sudden but replies kept coming lol.

Anyway major props to you for standing up for Vinh and trying to support his operations. I am with you my friend.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

You misunderstand. Iím subscribed to this thread for discussion about this torch, but itís now all about what you want. I donít want 100 updates about what you want friend. See the difference.

I have not read all the posts but yea lets move along. :-)

If anyone needs my specific opinion just shoot me an email. Other general questions put it the lounge. Thanks!!!

I bought back the U22vn Oslon today. Every week someone email me about ordering one and I keep on giving in to building more Oslon U22vn...Might as well make it a option again. :-P
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I have not read all the posts but yea lets move along. :-)

If anyone needs my specific opinion just shoot me an email. Other general questions put it the lounge. Thanks!!!

I bought back the U22vn Oslon today. Every week someone email me about ordering one and I keep on giving in to building more Oslon U22vn...Might as well make it a option again. :-P
    Is the u22vn aka delta?
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Delta was based off the U21. U22 is even smaller.

Delta is Vinh's name for the last batch of U21s Manker made that didn't have internals or branding on them. As a result, Vinh was able to use his own driver and branding on the light and at a reduced price. Delta was also Osram Oslon Black Flat only.

Enlightened

Got a GTvn Mini/Oslan Black combo a week ago. Was wrapped that Vinh had been able to offer this light again and I'm pleased to report that it's "brilliant"..! The diminutive size of this light belie it's amazing throw and performance. Very nice work Vinh.., thanks.
    Look forward to seeing what you can conjure out of the GT Micro (even with its 14500 battery limitations). 😋

Quote Originally Posted by taubada View Post
    Got a GTvn Mini/Oslan Black combo a week ago. Was wrapped that Vinh had been able to offer this light again and I'm pleased to report that it's "brilliant"..! The diminutive size of this light belie it's amazing throw and performance. Very nice work Vinh.., thanks.
    Look forward to seeing what you can conjure out of the GT Micro (even with its 14500 battery limitations). 
    I am more excited with the micro now. Not sure if I prefered it with 18350 or 14500. Whats ya'll takes between these 2 cell?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

I am more excited with the micro now. Not sure if I prefered it with 18350 or 14500. Whats ya'll takes between these 2 cell?
    Given it's size, 18350 I think. It's a shame the body tube wasn't a bit thinner. I didn't think that was an option on the Micro though???

Enlightened

Reckon 18350 is definitely preferred, however the micro is sized for 14500. I'm impressed with what results your getting from the StrikerVn V2, and its about the size of the micro..., also sized for 14500..! True pocket throwers.
    Last edited by taubada; 03-16-2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spell check

GTvn Mini now with White2
    1100L & 260Kcd!!! Just too good!

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

GTvn Mini now with White2
    1100L & 260Kcd!!! Just too good!

whats the temp of that white?
    i got 2 stock gt mini lights sitting here right now and cant stand the color of either !
    one is almost a brown beam, the other is the coldest white ive ever seen.
    i ordered one of each to see which one id like and both are too far either way for my taste.
    please tell me this white 2 is leaning more towards neutral white?
    ill order one tonight if so.

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    whats the temp of that white?
    i got 2 stock gt mini lights sitting here right now and cant stand the color of either !
    one is almost a brown beam, the other is the coldest white ive ever seen.
    i ordered one of each to see which one id like and both are too far either way for my taste.
    please tell me this white 2 is leaning more towards neutral white?
    ill order one tonight if so.
    White 2 is the whitest white with no purple yellow brown or any neutral. If u want to soften up the white we can add LEE filter.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

White 2 is the whitest white with no purple yellow brown or any neutral. If u want to soften up the white we can add LEE filter.
    lee filter ?
    how does the white 2 compare to the original 6500 stock ?
    any beam shots of the 2 side by side ?

Hey Vinh! I love to see how this Oslon White 2 is having such a positive impact on the modified flashlight world How are you managing current in GT Mini with White 2? Is a cell with more resistance our friend? Or are there any mods to the driver? Also excited to see how the TX25C performs. I noticed the Lumintop and Micro reflector looks identical to Eagtac's TX25C2 and TX25C reflector (different size, or course).

Oslon or white2 on a mini. What would you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Oslon or white2 on a mini. What would you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    We need more video of Olson, white1 and white 2..

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    We need more video of Olson, white1 and white 2.. actual video! Not a photo!

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    We need more video of Olson, white1 and white 2..

Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Sent from Tapatalk

Video wont show anything. Still beam shots are best com beam comparison.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234