Jetbeam        
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: NI-AL-Bronze and 464 Naval Brass HDS going on sale...

Banned

Default Re: NI-AL-Bronze and 464 Naval Brass HDS going on sale...

Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    I did just that with my cerakoted lights that see actual use, for that very reason. If it drops its going to hit the bezel or the tail. Since the head is heaviest that's the most likely
    An object in freefall is weightless. It doesn't matter which end is heavier, it matters which end has less atmospheric drag. On an object like a flashlight, there is no significant difference in atmospheric drag across the length of the object, so it will fall the same as if it were in a vacuum. If anything makes the head more likely than the tail to hit the ground first, it's the fact that you're usually holding onto the tail, so the tail slips out of your hand last.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    An object in freefall is weightless. It doesn't matter which end is heavier, it matters which end has less atmospheric drag. On an object like a flashlight, there is no significant difference in atmospheric drag across the length of the object, so it will fall the same as if it were in a vacuum. If anything makes the head more likely than the tail to hit the ground first, it's the fact that you're usually holding onto the tail, so the tail slips out of your hand last.
    Correct. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mTsrRZEMwA
    My Lights

Saw a real cool experiment once. They put a feather and a big ball bearing in a clear vacuum and dropped them both.weird seeing them fall at same speed.got scared at that point figured I was learning something so turned on topgear real quick.think I caught myself just in time 😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Enjoying my brass nb45 and a cold one.. (streamlight 1L/2L clip with my signature protective doubled novatac/hds caps).

I really like this one..

Ron

"Do yourself a favor, pick up an HDS Rotary and EDC it for a week.. -You can thank me later."

Default It's here!

Now the proud owner of Brass #37, its beautiful!

Default Re: It's here!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Nemo View Post
    Now the proud owner of Brass #37, its beautiful!
    I am enjoying number 33! And it is oh so ďheavyĒ both figuratively and literally!
    Current 24/7 (2019) primary- HDS Rotary 325 long Cree XP-G3 5000K; secondary - HDS Rotary High Noon Nichia 219c; HDS Rotary 219b 3500k 9080; HDS Brass; HDS TI; HDS UV; Past: JETBeam Raptor; Other: Malkoff Converted Surefire 6p 6z and Fenix, Olight, JETBeam, Surefire, Thrunite, www.AestheticPhotos.com

Added a lanyard with brass bead to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sos24 View Post
    Added a lanyard with brass bead to mine.
    Loving all the Brass pics! Bringing this one on the Appalachian Trail? The brass bead w/Trits are a nice touch, thanks for sharing!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Loving all the Brass pics! Bringing this one on the Appalachian Trail? The brass bead w/Trits are a nice touch, thanks for sharing!
    This one wonít being going on the Appalachian Trail, but thought the Buff made a good background. Iíve hiked some small portions of the AT in my younger days, but donít foresee myself hiking more than small day hikes anytime in my future.

Where can those protective caps be found?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Nemo View Post
    Where can those protective caps be found?
    Flashlightlens.com
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Just keep in mind that they will change the beam profile, unless you make the hole larger. Or if they have them where they won't block the front

True enough! I primarily use my HDS for more close up stuff out to maybe 50ft so I use dc-fix and diffuse the beam anyways so I guess I forgot about that. I got a pair of these not too long ago and the opening is as it has been, narrowing the opening. Thanks!

The beam really doesnít change at all. The front cap doesnít block the lens at all. The tail cap has a smaller hole.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Interesting, mine definitely cut off a bit of spill...maybe itís old stock...who knows...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314