1w CR123 light on ebay?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vaguely remember seeing this somewhere on this forum but I can't find it for the life of me...

Does anyone have experience with this light:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2791526268&category=16037

fl-cr123ax1-bt.jpg

Specifically how is the output, will the head unscrew and does it stand on it's tailcap?

Jon

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Hey stonedog.You can check out ruby electronics web site or you can go to the companies web site.
http://www.roithner-laser.com/white_led_torches.html
I got one in last saturday.It is purty doggone bright.Puts out a fairly tight beam.Will reach on out there.Right at 4 inches long.Overall it seems to be a good light.
LATER.
SHINER

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shiner, thanks.

Will it stand on it's tail (pointing straight at the ceiling)? And, any idea if the head can be unscrewed?

Jon

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
It does stand on its end.I can see where it will unscrew on up from where you put the battery in.But it seems to be on there really tight.So I stopped trying.Somebody that knows what thier doing can get it off ,I'm sure.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shiner:
I've seen that light, but never tried to get one because the photo indicates that it spills light out the side at a right angle from the main beam. It the photo misleading, or is the spill no problem? Also, is the switch in the tail? Does the light come on when you press in the switch, or when you release the switch? Did you get yours from eBay, or from some other online source?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo! Dog!

Resize that pic, will ya. Some of us don't have 21" monitors. Anything below 800 pixel width would be nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Interesting light, by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shiner, is the light anodized a certain color or is it "natural"? I'm asking because it looks like it would be possible to cut the head/bezel down to the base of those window things, shortening the over all length and doing away with what I'd think are annoying spill "rectangles".

PercaDan, there yah happy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm just using the images from the ebay listing, but I dug a little deeper and found the "small" version.

Jon

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Hey.The light comes on when you press the button.The holes in the side.Why do they do that.It is a little anoying.Somebody that knows what they're doing could cut the size down.If you do it though you got to do mine.)hehe)
I ordered mine from ruby electronics.Just type that in and it should get you there.They are the same folkes that has them on ebay.As far as the color goes,it seems to have a little color to it.You see I am color blind so I can't tell a whole lot on the color.The beam is square when aiming it at the wall,It is a fairly tight beam.Not very much side spill at all.
Later ya'll.
SHINER.