LSL-S vs. LSH-S Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd appreciate any opinions from experienced LS veterans. The LSL-S "foot-in-door" Special was $60. Is the LSH-S @ $ 80 worth the extra $20? I understand that the "L" is a flood and the "H" has more throw. Does it just depend on one's individual needs to determine best value? Is the "P"remium significantly better or just somewhat brighter? Thank you all for your responses.

stockwiz

Enlightened
The LSH lights are significantly whiter with less tint variation then the LSL lights.. that is your main difference right there. High domes have more color consistancy then low domes... although I like my low dome.. the purple hue doesn't bother me at all and it's a nice floodlight.

justjim

Newly Enlightened
I was able to take advantage of the $60 LSL deal, but ARC ran out of the low domes and I got a high dome instead (this was a good deal made even better). Even though the new sale is $20 higher (includes a holdster in addition to the extra 2xAA TSP), the LSL is worth the money.

-jim

Bill.H

Enlightened
Go for it! I prefer the LSL since I use it mainly at distances under 10 feet. Most people prefer the throw; however, the difference is moot since there's no more LSL special.

FWIW, my LSL-S is white enough that I cannot see blue unless I shine it on a white surface. In normal use it's not visible. It's much whiter than my AAA Standard.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
So as I understand it, the LSL & LSH share the same overall brightness except that the high domes may have a whiter tint. If one needs a brighter, small, 1x123 LS light, the new Arc 4 is the ticket?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayflash: yes and yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif the arc4 is about the same size as an arc LS with a TSP-123 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.