Emisar D4 Where to Buy XP-L HI

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I have heard that the Emisar D4 runs cooler with the XP-L Hi but I don't see anywhere to buy it at Mtn Electronics. Does anyone know where I could find it? I would like to order from the US but if I have to I will got through intl-outdoors even if it will be slower. Does the shipping from intl-outdoors take several weeks?

Thanks!

markr6

Flashaholic
Those are the only two places I know of. I wondered myself if intl outdoors shipping would be quicker than waiting on mountain electronics. Just a gamble I guess.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard that the Emisar D4 runs cooler with the XP-L Hi but I don't see anywhere to buy it at Mtn Electronics. Does anyone know where I could find it? I would like to order from the US but if I have to I will got through intl-outdoors even if it will be slower. Does the shipping from intl-outdoors take several weeks?

Thanks!

I have the D4 with 219CTs and the D1S with XP-L V2 3A, both purchased from Hank at International.

Both took right around 20 days to get here to Miami and both are great lights in their own respects.

It's not that the Nichia 219CTs run cooler, but that they get stressed more on turbo. There's really no headroom to play with, unlike the XP-Ls.

Both lights will get hot, really hot and will start stepping down in 20+ seconds until the thermal protection cools the head.

I was on a budget and didn't want to spend the extra $18 and since I don't have any Nichia emitters in my collection, it made sense at the time.

If you're going to be running turbo constantly, which is doubtful with either emitter, then get the XP-L.

If you're just going to blast your buddy in the face a few times, then the Nichia might be a better tint for your personal preference?

Chris

markr6

Flashaholic
You know how life works though...the day after you order from intl-outdoors, mtn will get them in stock!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

Mine d4s from intl-outdoor took only 6 days.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the 219 version from Mountain, and they have all of the XP-L's now too. You do know you have to go to the item marked "Emisar D4 Quad XP/219C" and select the emitter and body color from a drop-down on that page, right?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mountain Electronics currently shows in stock on all the XP-L HI tint options.

Note that Mtn's list page shows total stock on all options. Once you select an option from the drop downs and add it to the cart, you can view stock on that specific option in your cart.

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all! I decided to practice being patient... I ordered from intl-outdoors and will be curious to see how long it takes.

What are these aux leds people of been talking about recently with the Emisar?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all! I decided to practice being patient... I ordered from intl-outdoors and will be curious to see how long it takes.

They're the aqua colored lights that are active when the light is off. Like a night light

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok. Let us know.. intl-outdoors have lot of led and color choices.. they always have plenty in stock.. the first order from intl-outdoor took 6 days.. i ordered more and will update the shipping time..

aux led are like a trit.. you can set them off, low, high, and beacon.