Univex AAA

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a Univex AAA for some time now but, while it will light to the highest level upon depressing the switch, the former three levels of output can't be accessed and, the light never completely extinguishes, merely reaches a very dim mode until the light is unscrewed. I tried Deoxit several times thinking corrosion might be the problem but, no dice. Thoughts?

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have. As a matter of fact, nein166 and I did get it to work at a get together at Data's about two years ago, I didn't use it since and now, this compromised performance. Thanks though, that did work once...

Karl

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have had similar problems, which were completely resolved by disassembly / cleaning / reinstallation / tightening ... with the last appearing to be the most critical step :shrug:

The parts are so small that I found it somewhat difficult, but it is such a fantastic little keyring light.

Hope you can get yours sorted ....

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bypass the switch. Unscrew the tail and short the negative pole on the battery with the body with some metal. If all modes works, then it's the switch. If i remember correctly, mine has a sweetspot. Too loose, well that's always bad for switches. But the unusual thing was that if i got it too thight, it was also bad.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"And now, the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say.....

Just when you have started to wane in your faith of the mystical, the element of surprise, the "WTF" hits us and, in this case, right here on Candle Power Forums! I was in bed last night, was rereading this thread and, decided the first thing the next morning (today!), I'd take 'er apart AGAIN (!) and, do some hocus-pocus and keep my fingers crossed. Well, I picked up my trusty Univex AAA, pushed the "go" button...once, twice, THRICE (!!!) and shazam, not only were there THREE (count 'em!) levels of illumination at my disposal BUT, the "moon mode"---two, three lumen mode was gone and, she turned completely off!
I sure don't want to hear it but, I do know what you're thinking---the old boy is hitting the sauce again! Nah, I don't drink, take drugs, smoke (as an old buddy of mine used to say, "If yer smokin', ya better be on fire".), just blind myself with "flashlights is all.....REALLY.... :cool:

Was this "cure" the result of the talents of the great Greek Archimedes, Mathematician and Physicist or might it have been the influence of Thor, the Norse God from Norway (archimedes and jorn if you haven't been paying attention)? Who really knows but, The Shadow! :tinfoil::thinking:

Hey, whatever works as is said---thanks to you gentlemen and whatever talents you evidently have at your disposal. Without my "talented" re-intervention, my beloved Univex now works!

The burning question now arises however..."what can I break now".....Hmmmmm?:rolleyes:

Karl