Delivery Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

lg

Newly Enlightened
Holy Mackeral! I ordered an LSHF-P yesterday afternoon and it just arrived. 3-day delivery, my butt.
Between Arc and FedEx, it just doesn't get any better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. It usually takes 2 days from the time you replace the order. 1 day to ship, and 1 day in transit. For example, my weekend order arrived on Tuesday.

What I find interesting is that Fedex ships from AZ (Arc's HQ) to Tenessee (Fedex's sorting plant), and then to California (me). Seems somewhat innefficient, but as long as it works....

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
That is a little funny, since Fedex's regional hub near you is in Oakland. But Memphis is Fedex's main air cargo hub, and the Memphis airport is number one in the world for moving cargo. I suppose your packages go from TN to Oakland?

If you ever go to Memphis, or to Louisville, KY, UPS' main hub (and probably no. 2 in the US for cargo), it's amazing to see the planes come in every two or three minutes, for hours, after the passenger traffic stops. An incredible logistics puzzle every nite.

Back on topic, I ordered from Arc early Monday morning, and picked up my light at Fedex Tuesday nite, after missing the Fedex guy, who came by at 11:40AM Tues!

daloosh

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
daloosh said:
That is a little funny, since Fedex's regional hub near you is in Oakland. But Memphis is Fedex's main air cargo hub, and the Memphis airport is number one in the world for moving cargo. I suppose your packages go from TN to Oakland?

If you ever go to Memphis, or to Louisville, KY, UPS' main hub (and probably no. 2 in the US for cargo), it's amazing to see the planes come in every two or three minutes, for hours, after the passenger traffic stops. An incredible logistics puzzle every nite.

Back on topic, I ordered from Arc early Monday morning, and picked up my light at Fedex Tuesday nite, after missing the Fedex guy, who came by at 11:40AM Tues!

daloosh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I checked the tracking online, and they go from AZ to TN, and then to Oakland.

I don't understand why they don't go straight to Oakland from AZ, but as long as they get to me I'm happy either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.