HDS EDC Rotary 18650

nonamex

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum as this is my first post. I just received my HDS Rotary 18650. Nice little flashlight. It was here that I first learned about HDS Systems. I have a Surefire Fury DFT in my small collection. I will be adding the Malkoff Hound Dog Super to my collection when it is back in stock. I think those 3 flashlights should round out my collection nicely.

If Surefire ever makes a smaller version of the UDR Dominator I will be all over it. I had the Surefire UM2 but thought it was too small.

Anyway, it is good to be a new member of this forum. Great place to find information. Thank you to all fellow members for that.

KaIIe

Newly Enlightened
Hi and welcome,
best choice you can make with HDS. Which emitter you got and you not planing to get a 123a body? I can also recommend you hogos holsters.
LG Kalle

moltenmag

Enlightened
What's up nonamex! Excellent choice going with an 18650 HDS! You won't regret it. I love my RA cr123 Clicky! It's been through hell and back. Just shows how much abuse you're HDS can take...

2ntcop2.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Great collection! I'm also a big fan of HDS and Malkoff devices. Which emitter is in your HDS? And which beam tint will your choose for the Hound Dog Super?

nonamex

Newly Enlightened
Hi and welcome,
best choice you can make with HDS. Which emitter you got and you not planing to get a 123a body? I can also recommend you hogos holsters.
LG Kalle

I opted for the 325 lumens version which is the CREE XP-L. No, I won't be getting the 123a body as I prefer the longer runtime with the 18650.

nonamex

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

Great collection! I'm also a big fan of HDS and Malkoff devices. Which emitter is in your HDS? And which beam tint will your choose for the Hound Dog Super?

I chose the 325 lumens version which is the CREE XP-L. I will opt for the Cool Hound Dog Super. I don't like the orange, yellow beam in the neutral version.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't go off the picture on the malkoff site. My Neutral hound dog super is a very nice neutral that is an off white.

The cool white super i used to have was nice but had several rings of different color.

Sounds like you like cool white though. Depending on your needs, one of the regular hound dogs may be a better choice ...

The high noon 5700k hicri would have been a great choice for the HDS. Hope you like the 325. I don't think you can really go wrong with any hds or malkoff

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cool white XPL is a nice specimen among cool white emitters. I have one in my Makoff M91. Yes, you'll notice the blue if you're accustomed to neutral beam tints, but it almost seems neutral when compared to other cool whites. Sometimes it surprises me.