Angryfox        
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The HDS Double Beryl 90% Diffuse Reflector

Default Re: NI-AL-Bronze and 464 Naval Brass HDS going on sale...

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    So these reflectors will be the assembly just like in your enlightened video and not just a fragile piece of metal that I would most certainly screw up?
    We are currently (as in even as I type) making the page so that you can order it as an assembly (this is how I keep all my special reflectors as it keep my from licking them). This way you have your choice of reflector only or reflector, bezel, lens and O-rings all put together here at the factory for your convenience.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    I'll post a link in a few minutes. There is going to be a new "Limited" page.
    I play with dead things

Default Re: The HDS Double Beryl 90% Diffuse Reflector

Are you going to sell them now???

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Are you going to sell them now???
    No. Not until noon on the 24th.
    I play with dead things

Okay thank you. Can you please tell me where you are going to put them? I mean is their special web page or something like that?

Flashaholic*

Default The HDS Double Beryl 90% Diffuse Reflector

Probably on the ďlimitedĒ page he just mentioned

Just checked. It is on the limited page for sure
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

We now have a limited page. You can find the link on the catalog page.
    I play with dead things

@HOGO... unless you are being generous, there is an error on the price for the very last NRA sapphire bezel assembly. You have it priced the same as clear glass

I would love to take advantage of the error but I'm not that guy

I'm also glad that you are offering full assemblies for the double beryl so we don't have to risk any unnecessary dust/contamination giving us a full protected diffuse reflector
    Last edited by INFRNL; 09-10-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    @HOGO... unless you are being generous, there is an error on the price for the very last NRA sapphire bezel assembly. You have it priced the same as clear glass

I would love to take advantage of the error but I'm not that guy
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Changing now.
    I'm not the generous! LOL!

Thank you for the heads up!
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    We are currently (as in even as I type) making the page so that you can order it as an assembly (this is how I keep all my special reflectors as it keep my from licking them). This way you have your choice of reflector only or reflector, bezel, lens and O-rings all put together here at the factory for your convenience.
    Would it be possible to do this for a standard reflector assembly also?
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    Would it be possible to do this for a standard reflector assembly also?
    Yes. We will be adding that option. As it is, if you order a bezel, lens, and reflector, then just email us, we will put it together for you.
    I play with dead things

It's been added. You can now order the entire bezel, lens, reflector and O-rings all put together by the HDS monkey!

For standard assemblies: https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/...llProductArray

And for the Double Beryl: https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Limited/

I play with dead things

$72-$149 for a reflector? Does it give you superpowers too?! Why so much? Iíve read the thread and still donít understand why it costs almost half the price of an HDS light. Lmao. Seems like you guys are really taking advantage of HDS fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Psypha View Post
    $72-$149 for a reflector? Does it give you superpowers too?! Why so much? Iíve read the thread and still donít understand why it costs almost half the price of an HDS light. Lmao. Seems like you guys are really taking advantage of HDS fanatics.
    The reflector is $72. If you want the entire assembly, grab your calculator and add it up.

Its not Obamacare. You donít have to buy it.

Our target market isn't people living in their mother's basement.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 09-17-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    I play with dead things

😂 LMAO 😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

+1

They will probably sell within a few minutes, so who cares ? I just wish the former $40 diffuse reflector will be back someday.
    Last edited by Lithium466; 09-18-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Being self employed time is money and these are hand done and very labour intensive so hence the price.

Flashaholic*

as a human being you are born with one superpower, its the ability to say NO and not click buy.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by d13avo View Post
    Being self employed time is money and these are hand done and very labour intensive so hence the price.
    I really don't understand why other folks can't see this. Henry and Hogo could've just left that neat old bag of Nichia phosphors in the closet (I mean it had already been in there for 15 years...) but instead they took it and made something neat with it, at great effort according to their reports earlier in this thread. Time spent prepping, coating, rotating, curing, whatever. And time is money. If someone thinks they're charging too much money for their time, that Hogo's and Henry's time is worth less than what they're asking....well I'm sure there are other flashlight makers out there who charge less. Go buy their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by d13avo View Post
    Exactly! I know what I charge my customers for my time to keep my business afloat, so it makes perfect sense to me. In fact, sometimes I think our CPF makers undervalue their own time when they make unusual or small batch items like this that require a lot of hand work.

Iím sorry, I am wrong. I degress my comment earlier. What do I know...I live in my moms basement and have Obamacare.

You know the price that hds puts on there limited run stuff is note the problem No, the problem with me is there limited runs.😞
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

$72-$149 for a reflector?...taking advantage of HDS fanatics.
    If anything ever happens to Dan or Henry there will be no more HDS lights or reflectors or custom made holsters. Get these items while you can. Life is short. The flashlight and holster alternatives to HDS and Thors Hammer Custom Leather are, well..., let's just say not the same...not even close.

(I got off the Chinese made products train a couple of years ago when the products, tools, treadmills, etc would break after two or three years and they had to be thrown away).
    Last edited by RCS1300; 09-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    They will probably sell within a few minutes, so who cares ? I just wish the former $40 diffuse reflector will be back someday.
    Oh an alternative will come along. Im sure Someone somewhere is working on a replacement for it.

LOL! 2 guys in fact! Just sent 5 reflectors off to someone who will be working on it, and I just received some "stuff" so that I can work on it as well. Hoping to have the white diffuse back, and also more options for diffuse style reflectors. Options are good.

We have the glow/diffuse process down albeit a massive time drain. Next is the white and another option we are playing with that should be less costly. The white diffuse turns the HDS into a mule of sorts. I have a few of them. I'm preferring the 90% diffuse of the new Double Beryl as you still have a very large hot spot so it doesn't completely kill throw... just mostly.
    I play with dead things

The problem is HDS would need extra sales volume to get these things mass produced and get into economies of scale. BUT then HDS would loose the individual attention to detail and incredibly high quality control. The human touch aspect would be lost, as would the precise control of what actually goes out the door. Not to even mention the customer service aspect...

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    The problem is HDS would need extra sales volume to get these things mass produced and get into economies of scale. BUT then HDS would loose the individual attention to detail and incredibly high quality control. The human touch aspect would be lost, as would the precise control of what actually goes out the door. Not to even mention the customer service aspect...
    The light itself would have to be totally redesigned as well if it were to be mass produced. It's a time intensive beast to put together. Every light that leaves HDS has gone through both Henry's and my grubby little hands... and Henry has slapped my hands more than once if I'm not doing something EXACTLY as he wants! LOL!
    I play with dead things

Default The HDS Double Beryl 90% Diffuse Reflector

Were you tightening the reflectors in too tight?

Iím sorry, I am wrong. I degress my comment earlier. What do I know...I live in my moms basement and have Obamacare.
    Dude. No need to be like that. You're totally entitled to your opinion that the reflectors are over-priced, just don't expect everyone else to agree with you.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast