The HDS Double Beryl 90% Diffuse Reflector

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Double Beryl 90% diffuse reflector. Stayed tuned for more into on this limited run...

img-1674.jpg

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is really nice, like an aqua blue color. Reminds me of the Grotta Azzurra (Blue Grotto) in Capri, Italy. I took this photo there quite a few years ago. Now I've gotta have one of these... :)

nsGT2uw.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what was used. Found in a locked filing cabinet, in a locked storage room with a sign on the door that said "beware of tiger".

img-1545.jpg

JKolmo

Enlightened
Could we have like 60 seconds priority or so for us poor individuals who got our orders for the previous batch cancelled? [emoji3]

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you actually meant that for right now, the website seems to be borked. The accessories part isn't loading, even on IE...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Is that just a jig with defective lights to hold and work on the bezels??

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last photo is of 18 out of 19 of the Double Beryl reflectors. They turned out exceptionally nice and even. I'll have some beam shots this week and some "glow time" tests as well.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what to think of all of these diffuse reflectors. They are appealing but hogo has already stated that they are doing a few experimental runs to come up with a permanent solution and product for regular stock.

Do we try to buy all the variations (already missed the 1st run), or do we wait for the final product...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what to think of all of these diffuse reflectors. They are appealing but hogo has already stated that they are doing a few experimental runs to come up with a permanent solution and product for regular stock.

Do we try to buy all the variations (already missed the 1st run), or do we wait for the final product...

Whatever we finally decide to keep, will be done in small batches, so I don't know.

We certainly have our system down with this run of Double Beryl reflectors. I will get some beam shots this week. I just got one put in my personal "test" light today... but I am quite impressed with the beam shape and profile.

I'll keep posting info as I get it. I know this run is going to go on sale on September 24 at noon Tucson time.

Edit: These are also going to be $72. There is over double the time in these from the semi-diffuse green.

Last edited:

Latest posts