Repair advice - Jetbeam Mini-1

adept1

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I have a Jetbeam Mini-1 that's out of warranty, and it's having the following problem:

When I turn the head, the LED only comes on quite faintly. If I continue to turn the head further, the level does not change, but rather remains in this lowest level.

The 10180 battery is fully charged. I have confirmed this by putting it into my XSTAR VC4 charger with some spacers (usually I would charge it over micro USB).

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
adept1

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you:
1. Cleaned the threads and contacts with alcohol.
2. Used a different 10180 battery(I have had 1 battery that tested ok but did not work-don't know if there was a high internal resistance problem or a short).
3. Looked to see if the spring in the base is over compressed, bent or broken(if it has one-This is one of the few JB lights I don't own, although I have 11 or 12 10180 lights).
Even if out of warranty, JB may repair it for the cost of labor only-worth a call to see.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
Have you:
1. Cleaned the threads and contacts with alcohol.
2. Used a different 10180 battery(I have had 1 battery that tested ok but did not work-don't know if there was a high internal resistance problem or a short).
3. Looked to see if the spring in the base is over compressed, bent or broken(if it has one-This is one of the few JB lights I don't own, although I have 11 or 12 10180 lights).
Even if out of warranty, JB may repair it for the cost of labor only-worth a call to see.

Thanks. Unfortunately this is the only 10180 battery I have currently. I will try and get another (might make sense just to order another light that comes with one ;)).

I have cleaned everything and checked verified no physical problems with spring (there's only one at the head, none in the tail).

Actually I wrote an email to JB about 1 week ago, but they did not reply. I only paid $16 for the light during a Gearbest Flash Sale, but it was more than 2 years ago.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yeah, simplest thing is to get another known good battery to try it, then if it doesn't work, you'll know it's the light. Do you have another 10180 light you can try the battery in?

adept1

Newly Enlightened
The battery is dead.
Mine last for two months, you can buy on ebay for $5 for two.

i hope you're right. Ordered just now since I don't have another light to test the current battery. Thanks for everyone's help.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone! I got my replacement batteries today, and you were right - it's working great again with new batteries.

Thanks again
-adept1